Goose Gear Installation Cost?

stravafred

First Name
StravaFred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
How much did it cost you to have Goose Gear installed? Specifically, I got the plate system and the camp kitchen for my JLURD. No seat delete. Local shop quoted $460 at purchase time. Now that it arrived, they are trying to raise the price for installation. I was okay with $460 and I assume they'll honor their written quote. But any more and I'll do it myself. (yes, I know, I should do it myself anyway, whatever!)
Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
it's so incredibly simple man. clear out some space in the garage and get started.

the plate system is straightforward. remove the chrome d-ring cargo tie downs and remove the cargo cover. the plate will bolt right up into those old d-ring bolt holes.

take your time with the camp kitchen. the bolt holes are already in the plate system. watch some youtube vids for reference.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
it's so incredibly simple man. clear out some space in the garage and get started.

the plate system is straightforward. remove the chrome d-ring cargo tie downs and remove the cargo cover. the plate will bolt right up into those old d-ring bolt holes.

take your time with the camp kitchen. the bolt holes are already in the plate system. watch some youtube vids for reference.
THIS. I dont have one, but looked at a video. It couldnt be easier.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It gets tougher if you buy your platform from one company (American Adventure Lab; brushed aluminum rather than wood), your twin drawer storage from another company (IronMan4x4; 900mm deep), and your fridge slide from another company. #askMeHowIKnow

OP
OP
stravafred

stravafred

First Name
StravaFred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
It gets tougher if you buy your platform from one company (American Adventure Lab; brushed aluminum rather than wood), your twin drawer storage from another company (IronMan4x4; 900mm deep), and your fridge slide from another company. #askMeHowIKnow
Let’s see a pic. Sounds good to mix and match if you get exactly what you want. Hopefully not too much trouble tho

Sponsored

OP
OP
stravafred

stravafred

First Name
StravaFred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
In the end the shop held true to the original estimate without a fuss. They did a nice job on the install. And I saved myself time to work on other stuff. All good!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
In the end the shop held true to the original estimate without a fuss. They did a nice job on the install. And I saved myself time to work on other stuff. All good!
Time is money. Just because you can do it yourself, does not mean that it will save you money.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s see a pic. Sounds good to mix and match if you get exactly what you want. Hopefully not too much trouble tho
I’m getting some 35” tires mounted and balanced today. Just finished installing my bumper and tailgate.
Jeep Wrangler JL Goose Gear Installation Cost? 6397113E-9E0E-4D62-B475-162E4362C252
Jeep Wrangler JL Goose Gear Installation Cost? 993D6D01-000A-4893-8EC6-074C4FFF08D9
Hope to start the cargo area install this weekend.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
i dig the rear bumper and tire carrier, who made it ?
It's the Westin WJ2 Bumper and Tire Carrier.

Probably the most actively developed commercial offering.

I was able to get the latest revision, which added front/back and left/right adjustment for the spindle...that enhancement makes it almost perfect.

My only gripe is that the tailgate plate has slots in it that have no flaps to prevent anything from coming into the Jeep. To fix that, I recycled the JL's vent flaps (very thin rubber) and taped over the rubber flaps over the slots so they flap out to let air out, but rest against the plate to keep stuff out...so air goes out, but nothing gets in. I fed the before/after pictures and summary to Westin. This is on their roadmap for a future revision.

Last edited:

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My apologies to the original poster, didn't mean to hijack this thread.
Sponsored