Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hey everyone, I just placed an order for the Goose Gear JLU rear platform and the Goose Gear Solo fridge slide (standard). My plan is to put the fridge slide on the drivers side, but I need some input on a fridge/freezer to choose. I spoke with Goose Gear and they were not sure which fridge/freezer will fit on the DS specifically as there is less space than the JK due to the angle of the rear seats (which most of us knew). They have not test fit the specific fridges in the JLU with just the solo slide installed so they could not comment on the setup. Folding down or deleting the seats is not an option for me as this is my family rig but I wanted to see what others have done with this setup and which fridge they chose that fits with the rear seats up. I am not intending to do the Goose Gear camp kitchen setup but a rear rack instead for gear.

I have narrowed it down to the ARB Series II 37 qt or 50qt, or the Dometic CFX3 45 but I cannot for certain tell if anyone has done this setup and if it will work the way I intend. The ARB Series II 50 qt from what Goose Gear said will not work with the camp kitchen setup, however the solo slide being much lower has a potential that it will work but they could not say one way or the other. They did state that with the camp kitchen the CFX3 45 works perfectly so it will work with the solo slide. I was just going to make some mock up fridges with cardboard once everything was installed to get a rough idea of fitment, but some solid answers would certainly be helpful from those who have done this already. I appreciate the input. Thanks in advance.
Have no experience with Goose Gears setup, as I went the AAL route. This video is by AAL, around the 2:30 min mark he talks about the fridge limitations with the JL rear seat. Thought it might be helpful, even a little for your search.

Looks like dometic might be the best choice right now. Although I'm going to look into snowmaster when I get around to buying one. They tend to be a bit smaller framed.
Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does anyone have an ARB fridge slide with a goose gear platform? If yes, did you drill directly into the platform or use a bracket? I am assuming holes will not match up. Thanks!

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I'll go with a MSA slide again like I had on my GX460 coupled with the GG plate; no drilling needed from what I remember and if so GG will hook you with the added inserts. Fridge I had was a 50L Ironman 4x4, worked well and has Dan Foss compressor. Next go round I'm going to get a nicer one though.
Sponsored