Goose Gear Assistance Needed

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Hey everyone, I just placed an order for the Goose Gear JLU rear platform and the Goose Gear Solo fridge slide (standard). My plan is to put the fridge slide on the drivers side, but I need some input on a fridge/freezer to choose. I spoke with Goose Gear and they were not sure which fridge/freezer will fit on the DS specifically as there is less space than the JK due to the angle of the rear seats (which most of us knew). They have not test fit the specific fridges in the JLU with just the solo slide installed so they could not comment on the setup. Folding down or deleting the seats is not an option for me as this is my family rig but I wanted to see what others have done with this setup and which fridge they chose that fits with the rear seats up. I am not intending to do the Goose Gear camp kitchen setup but a rear rack instead for gear.

I have narrowed it down to the ARB Series II 37 qt or 50qt, or the Dometic CFX3 45 but I cannot for certain tell if anyone has done this setup and if it will work the way I intend. The ARB Series II 50 qt from what Goose Gear said will not work with the camp kitchen setup, however the solo slide being much lower has a potential that it will work but they could not say one way or the other. They did state that with the camp kitchen the CFX3 45 works perfectly so it will work with the solo slide. I was just going to make some mock up fridges with cardboard once everything was installed to get a rough idea of fitment, but some solid answers would certainly be helpful from those who have done this already. I appreciate the input. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
You're kind of our test subject :)

I have done some research and mounted a fridge in my own GG fridge module. I would not exceed the width dimensions of the CFX3 45 by Dometic. My CFX40 barely fit after I removed the insulator and skid plates. Yet it still rubbed on the slide bolts when I set it in place. You can go taller and possible slightly longer.

Take lots of pictures for us!

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're kind of our test subject :)

I have done some research and mounted a fridge in my own GG fridge module. I would not exceed the width dimensions of the CFX3 45 by Dometic. My CFX40 barely fit after I removed the insulator and skid plates. Yet it still rubbed on the slide bolts when I set it in place. You can go taller and possible slightly longer.

Take lots of pictures for us!
Will do! I will be sure to take detailed photos of the setup I end up going with. I wish I could test fit a Series II ARB 50 qt and see how it works prior to purchasing.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Will do! I will be sure to take detailed photos of the setup I end up going with. I wish I could test fit a Series II ARB 50 qt and see how it works prior to purchasing.
This ARB Series II 50qt shows to be 15" wide. The Goose Gear solo fridge slide accommodates up to 16".

Goose Gear tray: 16x28
ARB Series II 50qt: 15x28

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is correct. Dimensionally, the solo tray will fit either fridge brand perfectly as the ARB and Dometic are roughly the same width and length. Height is where they different drastically. The problem most of us have found is the angle of the rear seats and the space on the DS to allow for a bigger unit. I found this post after searching for days online. Looks like the CFX3 45 is 18.74" tall and may be the biggest that will fit on the DS out of the ones I have been looking at. The ARB Series II 50qt appears to be too tall coming in at 20" tall looking at the pictures that I found. What I don't know is if the solo slide has more room to slide the fridge towards the tailgate increasing rear vertical space enough to free up another ~1.5", and how much different the slide in the article is vs the solo slide. Lots of variables here to try and eyeball something. The ARB Series II 37qt has plenty of space as it is 16.9" tall and is plenty low enough to allow for a rack mounted to the back for securing cargo.

https://trailwrangler.com/2021/03/0...tic-fridge-slide-for-jeep-jlu-install-review/

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
if you have a coupon that's about to expire and need to pull the trigger on a fridge I would go with the Dometic CFX3 45 for the balance between dimensions and capacity. I have a feeling GG used the Tembo tusk fridge slide in their design so you might be able to locate additional details for fitment.

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you have a coupon that's about to expire and need to pull the trigger on a fridge I would go with the Dometic CFX3 45 for the balance between dimensions and capacity. I have a feeling GG used the Tembo tusk fridge slide in their design so you might be able to locate additional details for fitment.
I do not, but in another thread the company below was recommended as the cheapest but I have not done a ton of searching for better prices yet. I figured I will save that for once I am certain on which unit to get. Good info on the slide design. I will look into that and if I find anything ill be sure to share it. Thanks!

https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-cfx3-45-portable-refrigerator-freezer.html

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I do not, but in another thread the company below was recommended as the cheapest but I have not done a ton of searching for better prices yet. I figured I will save that for once I am certain on which unit to get. Good info on the slide design. I will look into that and if I find anything ill be sure to share it. Thanks!

https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-cfx3-45-portable-refrigerator-freezer.html
$100 bucks off and free shipping. Jump on that deal before it's gone!

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you order your Goose Gear from?

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you order your Goose Gear from?
There's a dealer locator on the GG website to find someone close to you. You can really order from any of them since it will be drop shipped to your door step.

Dealer Locator

Jeep Wrangler JL Goose Gear Assistance Needed gg.JPG

Sponsored

Rgabon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL with MT, PST, cold weather
Any comments on the Goose Gear Solo product? Likes and dislikes? I don't think there's much out on this product.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, curious to know your thoughts on the fridge slide. The GG fridge slide is pricier than other brand options so wondering what’s there to it.
they have always partnered with Tembo tusk on their slides. They are solid AF
Sponsored