Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I don't see how the proper authorities aren't at least aware of these incidents by now, we know Jeep is! Question is when will their hand be forced to properly deal with it...picking up my baby tonight with CF2...excited and nervous!!!
Report back please. Am starting a little fund to do the same.
Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Stronger?... I could always break the tires free anytime. BFG 33'S.
Never had any rev's hanging at all. Just normal with the factory clutch.
Stiff pedal, takes up fully about half way up, engages about two inches from the floor.
You know you need to step on the thing and it feels smooth when releasing.
The flywheel takes a little bit more to start the engine and may turn over one more time when shutting down. Not an issue, just different.
Mine get installed in 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
So just drove back with the CF2 installed. Definitely smoother engagement, no bucking and stuff really nice. It needs to break in for a bit, but brand new it pulls nice from stop no gas needed. Definitely much harder pedal force needed and the uptake from the floor is immediate, will take some getting used to! But the guy said those will loosen up a bit as it breaks in. Feels like you got a stout clutch underneath you now! The tech said the driveline is built like a tank, never seen so many bolts! I said great, but they should have put a real clutch in it too! Again feels great put much different animal than stock so be prepared to upgrade your stick driving skills!

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
When is Jeep going to be forced to face the music on this one? I
Why would they spend money to fix it, when the small minority of those who buy manual JLs, many represented here on this forum, keep on writing over and over that they'd buy the manual no matter what?

Poor clutch engagement? Don't care, only buy manual.

Horrible shifting action? Don't care, only buy manual.

Derating of engine to deal with poor design? Don't care, only buy manual.

Horrible performance when you put bigger tires? Don't care, only buy manual.

Exploding transmission bell housing? Don't care, only buy manual.

Jeep accountant: "They don't care, no need to fix it. They can run away if it catches fire"

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would they spend money to fix it, when the small minority of those who buy manual JLs, many represented here on this forum, keep on writing over and over that they'd buy the manual no matter what?

Poor clutch engagement? Don't care, only buy manual.

Horrible shifting action? Don't care, only buy manual.

Derating of engine to deal with poor design? Don't care, only buy manual.

Horrible performance when you put bigger tires? Don't care, only buy manual.

Exploding transmission bell housing? Don't care, only buy manual.

Jeep accountant: "They don't care, no need to fix it. They can run away if it catches fire"

:headbang::facepalm:

Sponsored

AKLespaul

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 3.6 Six Speed All Rubicon Extras
So just drove back with the CF2 installed. Definitely smoother engagement, no bucking and stuff really nice. It needs to break in for a bit, but brand new it pulls nice from stop no gas needed. Definitely much harder pedal force needed and the uptake from the floor is immediate, will take some getting used to! But the guy said those will loosen up a bit as it breaks in. Feels like you got a stout clutch underneath you now! The tech said the driveline is built like a tank, never seen so many bolts! I said great, but they should have put a real clutch in it too! Again feels great put much different animal than stock so be prepared to upgrade your stick driving skills!

If the pedal takes up right off the floor and not half way up, it may need bleeding some more. Mine did. Remove the slave cyl with a 13mm deep socket and angle the line up. Push the plunger in and release 5-10 times. I could only do 6 and heard air go back to the master cyl on pumps 3 and 4. Way better pedal and correct take-up. Do not open the bleeder cap at all.

It was a great install and very noticeable afterward. Feel free to contact me with any comments or questions as not to highjack this thread and take away from the unfortunate incident that folks had.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the pedal takes up right off the floor and not half way up, it may need bleeding some more. Mine did. Remove the slave cyl with a 13mm deep socket and angle the line up. Push the plunger in and release 5-10 times. I could only do 6 and heard air go back to the master cyl on pumps 3 and 4. Way better pedal and correct take-up. Do not open the bleeder cap at all.

It was a great install and very noticeable afterward. Feel free to contact me with any comments or questions as not to highjack this thread and take away from the unfortunate incident that folks had.
I
I appreciate the info, but I'm not gonna mess with it yet, and the shop said it took them almost 2 hours to bleed the darn thing. Then getting the new and bigger slave cylinder into place and flowing was also a chore I was told. If by chance it needs more bleeding to move up the engagement point, am I damaging anything driving it now? He said it would loosen up as it breaks in...

AKLespaul

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 3.6 Six Speed All Rubicon Extras
I
I appreciate the info, but I'm not gonna mess with it yet, and the shop said it took them almost 2 hours to bleed the darn thing. Then getting the new and bigger slave cylinder into place and flowing was also a chore I was told. If by chance it needs more bleeding to move up the engagement point, am I damaging anything driving it now? He said it would loosen up as it breaks in...

Sounds just like what I heard, very hard to bleed out. Centerforce has specific instructions and it worked for me. The shop I used is very good and had trouble, I don't mind doing a little more on my stuff so I played and won.

Email me and I will send contact info, give me a shout, no shit.
[email protected]

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have the toolset to do tranny work. I do oil changes, rotate tires, change plugs...but I don't mess with major engine or tranny stuff I'll let the pros handle that! I'll give it the 500 miles break in period see where its at. It's got 15 miles on it, gotta give her some time to adjust!

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
In full agreement with everyone here about fire extinguishers. In fact, no Jeep leaves my garage without one. It is truly the first “mod” I make to every vehicle even before license plates go on. On my TJ (a stick by the way) a “BC” extinguisher and on the JL an “ABC.” Class A covers fires from ordinary combustibles including wood, paper, and fabrics. Class B deals with fires from flammable liquid including gasoline, oil, and paint, the very type of fire you are likely to confront in your garage or vehicle. Class C deals with electrical fires which are perhaps the most common types of car fires among newer vehicles, however, if the speculation is accurate here, the OP may have been dealing with various fire issues. Nevertheless, while I defer to the more experienced fire fighters among our Forum membership, my limited fire experience would suggest having at a minimum a “BC” fire extinguisher just to be on the safe side.

BTW, OP, what’s up with all the Motorola mics?

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye to my third Jeep (JLUR) bc fire! F1494DE3-F456-42ED-8C02-439C83F6E79C
Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye to my third Jeep (JLUR) bc fire! 132BE6F6-31B5-4E47-8B01-BAA56ED30603

Last edited:

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Since I can’t afford to trade in for a 4xe. I’m poor with liquid funds but ironically make too much for the tax break now, will have to look into centerforce. I see they have two models. Anyone know the diff?

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

glad no one was hurt. and i am sorry for your loss of the jeep. that would devastate me. but i have to say this....am i the only one that noticed that the tires look rather well considering the amount of heat that had to be coming from that fire? i would have expected a blob of rubber.
I was surprised a bit too. There was some melting up on top, closest to the flames but it was minimal. The tires were quite new, sadly, as I'd just replaced them a few hundred miles ago.

Still the best ones I've had. Love my Cooper Discoverer Pros

In full agreement with everyone here about fire extinguishers. In fact, no Jeep leaves my garage without one. It is truly the first “mod” I make to every vehicle even before license plates go on. On my TJ (a stick by the way) a “BC” extinguisher and on the JL an “ABC.” Class A covers fires from ordinary combustibles including wood, paper, and fabrics. Class B deals with fires from flammable liquid including gasoline, oil, and paint, the very type of fire you are likely to confront in your garage or vehicle. Class C deals with electrical fires which are perhaps the most common types of car fires among newer vehicles, however, if the speculation is accurate here, the OP may have been dealing with various fire issues. Nevertheless, while I defer to the more experienced fire fighters among our Forum membership, my limited fire experience would suggest having at a minimum a “BC” fire extinguisher just to be on the safe side.

BTW, OP, what’s up with all the Motorola mics?

F1494DE3-F456-42ED-8C02-439C83F6E79C.jpeg
132BE6F6-31B5-4E47-8B01-BAA56ED30603.jpeg
I'm a radio enthusiast and the big mic is for the pm400 that I was using as a gmrs radio under the dash. The smaller mic is a backup that I was given for free, so it just lived in the glove compartment as a backup.

Sadly, my pm400 died with the jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye to my third Jeep (JLUR) bc fire! IMG_20210621_093904_793

Last edited:

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
“I'm a radio enthusiast and the big mic is for the pm400 that I was using as a gmrs radio under the dash. The smaller mic is a backup that I was given for free, so it just lived in the glove compartment as a backup.

Sadly, my pm400 died with the jeep.”

Radios are replaceable; glad you guys got out okay. Best wishes in your new home and your new Jeep.

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
That's awesome, love it!

I plan on hanging out in the stock world for a year or so after I bring my 4xe home and then starting off small (bumper, winch) as I do plan on taking it some hard to get-to place with my off-road camper.

I got to ride in one and fell in love with it. I look forward to having a Jeep that can chirp tires or pass people on the highway 😂😁
I have a regular 2.0t on my XR. I like it a lot better than the 3.6. Idk about the plug in. The range is so short, I wouldn't be able to use it driving 80+ miles a day. But I would definitely use it if my daily commute was around 20-30 miles daily to avoid the gas station. lol

I actually like the stock look of the 4xE. It would definitely be my choice in the city for sure. I think you will be happy with the 2.0.

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

I have a regular 2.0t on my XR. I like it a lot better than the 3.6. Idk about the plug in. The range is so short, I wouldn't be able to use it driving 80+ miles a day. But I would definitely use it if my daily commute was around 20-30 miles daily to avoid the gas station. lol

I actually like the stock look of the 4xE. It would definitely be my choice in the city for sure. I think you will be happy with the 2.0.
The all-electric bit is a plus on the 4xe but not the entirety of what I like about it.

I do plan on using electric mode for my shorter drives and will charge at night.

With the electric and ice systems working in concert, it's the 2nd most powerful wrangler made, after the V8 offering, and more powerful than the soon-extinct diesel wrangler.

I think very few are buying it for all-electric driving, all the time. Its range is too short and not an EV. Worth noting is that on-board regeneration systems will charge the battery back up to about 95% while driving. You can disable max regen, but you are still always feeding energy back into the electric system, just at a lower rate.

The battery also doesn't fully deplete, as the computer will not allow that, so even if you use electric and run it down, you'll still get benefits of running electric + ice systems together once you leave full-electric mode - the 4xe doesn't really have a gas only mode, it's always a hybrid, which is awesome for power.

There's also the better weight distribution thanks to the lower center of gravity and the 800lb worth of battery pack and electronics that improve the handling experience, which is always welcome in a Wrangler, imo.
Sponsored