Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Just had the CFII installed. What a nice difference. Stiff pedal and a way smoother engagement.
Well worth the money and I believe it fixes all the Jeep BS. It's all new from the master cyl to the flywheel. I didnt want to chance a problem and I think I made a good move.
This design that Centerforce offers is how FCA should have released the manual JL in the first place. IMO the recall "fixes" are a pathetic bandaid in an attempt to mask a poor design.
I'm not convinced that FCA has redesigned the manual in Jeeps currently rolling off the line, but have just incorporated the "fixes" into the build.
It almost seems that in their never ending quest to improve things like NVH, sometimes they should just leave alone basic time tested components like a clutch.
I'm just so glad that the OP escaped serious injury. As many have stated, vehicles can be replaced, lives cannot.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Another one that needs to be filed in one of the 10K manual versus automatic debate threads. Again, automatic for the win 👍
Hopefully they stop making these stupid manual transmissions soon. I gave up on them along with carburetors and drum brakes.
Funny, now the owner is going from a manual transmission to a automatic 4XE. Nice, go back and read his posts probably beat everybody up to get a manual transmission. Now he’s gonna go opposite and tell everybody they have to get an automatic electric wrangler.
I wouldn't presume to tell anybody what to do with their choices.

I've had manual Jeeps and autos and loved them both.

I think they both have their benefits as well as their negatives. I recognize not everyone has a manual that will try to roast them alive, I wish mine hadn't, that wasn't a lot of fun.

Have always enjoyed driving manuals, they are fun, but not practical for what I want now, but I'm not the type to try and ruin anybody's good time. You do you.

halewest

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I've never had a fire until this one.

I mentioned my other jeeps to make the point that I do and have loved Wranglers for my entire life.

I'm sorry about the JLs poor construction and quality and for your poor understanding.
I'm just telling you that you are overheating wires with all those lights and lightbars I see and that's the cause. I have seen first hand many Jeep fires and it all comes down to additional high powered lights, Air Pumps, lightbars, accessories. I can see that you have many and I'm sure that was part of the problem, it just doesn't happen if they are wired up and fused properly for heat issues. That's all I'm saying.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Another one that needs to be filed in one of the 10K manual versus automatic debate threads. Again, automatic for the win 👍
Hopefully they stop making these stupid manual transmissions soon. I gave up on them along with carburetors and drum brakes.
Funny, now the owner is going from a manual transmission to a automatic 4XE. Nice, go back and read his posts probably beat everybody up to get a manual transmission. Now he’s gonna go opposite and tell everybody they have to get an automatic electric wrangler.
Dude, you could make a career out of jaw-droppingly ignorant comments.

First you don't do an ounce of reading to know it was a manual and therefore a 3.6, then you send this... :facepalm:

@dusher , we went from a '20 JLUR 2.0T to a 4xe and haven't looked back. We're the stocker kind of people, as it's my wife's DD, and we love it. Just this weekend my sister pulled up next to us in her stock Solstice, and wanted to hole shot race. 4A, trans in manual, brake and gas... on green released brake, shifted to auto and chirped the tires as we smoked her, hard.

Jeeps shouldn't go that fast, and it's a new kind of fun to have with the top down and doors off. :like:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just telling you that you are overheating wires with all those lights and lightbars I see and that's the cause. I have seen first hand many Jeep fires and it all comes down to additional high powered lights, Air Pumps, lightbars, accessories. I can see that you have many and I'm sure that was part of the problem, it just doesn't happen if they are wired up and fused properly for heat issues. That's all I'm saying.
Are you slow?

These fires are continuing to happen more and more on the manual JLs the older they get.

In this case, with the noises and what not, it's obvious.

But no no, it's was his pod lights... :facepalm:

Sponsored

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Dude, you could make a career out of jaw-droppingly ignorant comments.

First you don't do an ounce of reading to know it was a manual and therefore a 3.6, then you send this... :facepalm:

@dusher , we went from a '20 JLUR 2.0T to a 4xe and haven't looked back. We're the stocker kind of people, as it's my wife's DD, and we love it. Just this weekend my sister pulled up next to us in her stock Solstice, and wanted to hole shot race. 4A, trans in manual, brake and gas... on green released brake, shifted to auto and chirped the tires as we smoked her, hard.

Jeeps shouldn't go that fast, and it's a new kind of fun to have with the top down and doors off. :like:
That's awesome, love it!

I plan on hanging out in the stock world for a year or so after I bring my 4xe home and then starting off small (bumper, winch) as I do plan on taking it some hard to get-to place with my off-road camper.

I got to ride in one and fell in love with it. I look forward to having a Jeep that can chirp tires or pass people on the highway 😂😁

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Assuming you're serious, which I hope for your sake you're not, I assure you that my two pod lights and mini-light bar are not "high powered" nor were they wired by a dunce. You're pulling more with your factory fog-lights in the 'auto' position than I am, btw.

Your inability to understand simple concepts like appropriate and safe wiring doesn't actually hinder the rest of us. You, however, should definitely stay far away from any sort of modifications.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I wonder about the fire truck though. One would think that having water in the truck would be one of those low level basic things a fire department would ensure was covered. Should they not literally always have water in there if the truck is active?
The perils of not reading the thread before commenting. ;)

Per the OP, the truck in the photo was being transported from its place of purchase to its permanent station, where it would then be prepped for active service. The driver saw the burning Jeep and pulled over to offer assistance. He was just driving the truck home and hadn't been dispatched to the event. Thus the low water supply being on board.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
did you file a report with NHTSA? that gets action if a car burns to the ground or unsafe to drive or causes accidents.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
did you file a report with NHTSA? that gets action if a car burns to the ground or unsafe to drive or causes accidents.
I don't see how the proper authorities aren't at least aware of these incidents by now, we know Jeep is! Question is when will their hand be forced to properly deal with it...picking up my baby tonight with CF2...excited and nervous!!!

Sponsored

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

There are two recalls, second is just software, first is a tube over the hydraulic fluid hose, a tool for bleeding the system after installing the hose, plus some other steps.
Do you have a recall number for the tube recall? I want to dig in and ensure it’s at least been already done from factory on my 2022

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You are replacing it with a 4xe? Oof.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got to ride in one and fell in love with it. I look forward to having a Jeep that can chirp tires or pass people on the highway 😂😁
Oh it absolutely does that, with abundance. Many times my wife gets sheepish when I talk about going 80 mph... and she's like, "Uh, oops. I do that all the time."

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I've only been on this forum for a few months and this is the second time I've seen a post on a harrowing escape from a Jeep fire while just driving on an interstate road.

Glad you both got out ok. Never a good time for this to happen, but it sucks that it happened during a move. Hopefully you didn't lose too many things that were in the Jeep.

Definitely going to be adding some type of extinguisher to my list of things to get.

Also, welcome to IL! 😁
A fire extinguisher is the first thing I buy for any car I drive. That and a decent first aid kit.
Sponsored