Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Yeah, they got me young. A jeep wrangler is literally the only car I've ever wanted. If I went through something like that again, I'd give up and just get whatever for a car.

Plus, as far as I'm aware, no 4xes have burst into flames 😐

received_612006067183767.jpeg
Nice CJ-5 there!! 😉
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
A bit of rough math, from someone who's done it both ways:

If selling privately, obtain that valuation online and add .10 on the dollar for each of your noted accessories.

If trading the vehicle in at a dealer, expect your add-ons to add almost, or actually, nothing to the trade-in offer. Have the online trade-in estimate already in your back pocket so that you can vet the dealer's offer against it.

If you're feeling froggy, and knowing that the dealer's trade-in offer might ignore your many bolt-ons, you could remove them beforehand, clean them up and sell them a la carte here or elsewhere. Granted, that's a big Ask on a well-kitted vehicle like your Rubicon, so it's understandable if you want to leave most or all of it in place.
I might ask my shop to remove them and just put the cheapest crap on there I can find. Lol. Put them on my new one when I get it.

can’t be that hard to find plastic front and rear bumpers.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Glad you are ok. Question, How long ago did you have the clutch recalls done?

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're okay, and looking forward to having you in the 4xe club!

AKLespaul

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 3.6 Six Speed All Rubicon Extras
Just had the CFII installed. What a nice difference. Stiff pedal and a way smoother engagement.
Well worth the money and I believe it fixes all the Jeep BS. It's all new from the master cyl to the flywheel. I didnt want to chance a problem and I think I made a good move.

Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Just had the CFII installed. What a nice difference. Stiff pedal and a way smoother engagement.
Well worth the money and I believe it fixes all the Jeep BS. It's all new from the master cyl to the flywheel. I didnt want to chance a problem and I think I made a good move.
Feels stronger off the line? How is rev hang now? any other noteble differences?

AKLespaul

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 3.6 Six Speed All Rubicon Extras
Stronger?... I could always break the tires free anytime. BFG 33'S.
Never had any rev's hanging at all. Just normal with the factory clutch.
Stiff pedal, takes up fully about half way up, engages about two inches from the floor.
You know you need to step on the thing and it feels smooth when releasing.
The flywheel takes a little bit more to start the engine and may turn over one more time when shutting down. Not an issue, just different.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Glad everyone got out without injury.
I wonder about the fire truck though. One would think that having water in the truck would be one of those low level basic things a fire department would ensure was covered. Should they not literally always have water in there if the truck is active?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah, they got me young. A jeep wrangler is literally the only car I've ever wanted. If I went through something like that again, I'd give up and just get whatever for a car.

Plus, as far as I'm aware, no 4xes have burst into flames 😐
Oh I hear ya loud and clear. Still. I think they don't deserve to have such good customers lol.

Sad thing is my friends with more "reliable" cars seem to have more trouble with their cars..... sigh.

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Glad you are ok. Question, How long ago did you have the clutch recalls done?
Whenever I got the letter. I think I had to wait a bit for the dealer to get the parts in. I think in mid 21?

Sponsored

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Whenever I got the letter. I think I had to wait a bit for the dealer to get the parts in. I think in mid 21?
Parts? last i heard, the clutch recall fix is purely software. Though, if i am wrong let me know. I have a 2022 and was under the impression that it was all fixed starting in 2022, though someone prior said 2023.

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Parts? last i heard, the clutch recall fix is purely software. Though, if i am wrong let me know. I have a 2022 and was under the impression that it was all fixed starting in 2022, though someone prior said 2023.
I was told parts were involved and, iirc, some kind of tube. Completely possible the person there was just telling me whatever, but I don't know enough about clutches or recalls to be arguing with anyone so I just go with what I'm told.

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

There are two recalls, second is just software, first is a tube over the hydraulic fluid hose, plus some other steps.
Ok, so I was remembering correctly. Thanks

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Another one that needs to be filed in one of the 10K manual versus automatic debate threads. Again, automatic for the win 👍
Hopefully they stop making these stupid manual transmissions soon. I gave up on them along with carburetors and drum brakes.
Funny, now the owner is going from a manual transmission to a automatic 4XE. Nice, go back and read his posts probably beat everybody up to get a manual transmission. Now he’s gonna go opposite and tell everybody they have to get an automatic electric wrangler.
Sponsored