Sponsored

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
Sorry to hear about it. But as a firefighter, WTF is up with that engine and department? It looks like they made a decent stop (didn't burn everything down), but it sounds like some very unprofessional people and tactics were used.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

I see OSHP. Just curious - where in Ohio did it happen? Which highway?
It was the Ohio turnpike. The nearest town was Fremont.

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Sorry to hear about it. But as a firefighter, WTF is up with that engine and department? It looks like they made a decent stop (didn't burn everything down), but it sounds like some very unprofessional people and tactics were used.
I ended up talking to them afterwards - the truck that responded wasn't meant to be in service. They bought it from Wisconsin and were in the process of driving it back to Ohio. They were just passing by and tried to help. It took the locals a while to respond.

It was just a shocking thing bc when you're in the middle of a tragedy and a fire truck pulls up you think "YES, they got this!" You don't expect the fire truck to not have water.

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

Wow, wild! Glad to hear no one was hurt.

How long before you 4XE arrives?
I ordered it about 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm in D1 status waiting. Dealer said 4-6 weeks once it leaves D1, so I hope that happens soon!

stylin7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 93 Mazda RX-7, 2007 Subaru Impreza
Always kept a fire extinguisher in my FD RX-7 due to the possible fire risk, guess I gotta add one to my JLU. Really makes me nervous hauling my kids around.

Sponsored

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I know it's not the point of the thread, but are you able to get your wheels/tires and other things that survived off of the carcass?

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

I know it's not the point of the thread, but are you able to get your wheels/tires and other things that survived off of the carcass?
No, there wasn't much I wanted, tbh. Plus, we were in the middle of a move to a new state. The timing was awful.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
`My 2018 6 spd Wrangler had that Rev hang, where the motor increases in speed in between shifts. My 2022 6spd has 0 rev hang and drives like a manual should drive. I'm wondering if that contributes to the over heating issue.

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
I ended up talking to them afterwards - the truck that responded wasn't meant to be in service. They bought it from Wisconsin and were in the process of driving it back to Ohio. They were just passing by and tried to help. It took the locals a while to respond.

It was just a shocking thing bc when you're in the middle of a tragedy and a fire truck pulls up you think "YES, they got this!" You don't expect the fire truck to not have water.

That makes a lot more sense then. Not that it is of much relief when your Jeep just burnt down

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I've only been on this forum for a few months and this is the second time I've seen a post on a harrowing escape from a Jeep fire while just driving on an interstate road.

Glad you both got out ok. Never a good time for this to happen, but it sucks that it happened during a move. Hopefully you didn't lose too many things that were in the Jeep.

Definitely going to be adding some type of extinguisher to my list of things to get.

Also, welcome to IL! 😁

OP
OP
dusher

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

I've only been on this forum for a few months and this is the second time I've seen a post on a harrowing escape from a Jeep fire while just driving on an interstate road.

Glad you both got out ok. Never a good time for this to happen, but it sucks that it happened during a move. Hopefully you didn't lose too many things that were in the Jeep.

Definitely going to be adding some type of extinguisher to my list of things to get.

Also, welcome to IL! 😁
Thanks,

LOL, I actually just haven't updated that in forever. We were living in TN and moving to MI, but thanks 😁

Yes, 100% get yourself a fire extinguisher. Oh and nice name btw 👍

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

buzz998

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
glad no one was hurt. and i am sorry for your loss of the jeep. that would devastate me. but i have to say this....am i the only one that noticed that the tires look rather well considering the amount of heat that had to be coming from that fire? i would have expected a blob of rubber.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Thanks,

LOL, I actually just haven't updated that in forever. We were living in TN and moving to MI, but thanks 😁

Yes, 100% get yourself a fire extinguisher. Oh and nice name btw 👍
Ahh, well, welcome back to the upper midwest! 😆

And thanks! 😁
Sponsored