Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
funny world, isn't it?
it was the clutch in my Quattro and the Centerforce in my Mazda that were preventing my knee injury from healing and were the catalyst(s) in my ordering my J**p with an automatic.

since then, i've come to the realization that i never want to be in the backwoods with a vehicle that requires all 4 extremities to be working in order to get me home.

if i need clutch time, i'll ride a motorcycle.

Automatics are boring ESPECIALLY if it's your daily.
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
funny world, isn't it?
it was the clutch in my Quattro and the Centerforce in my Mazda that were preventing my knee injury from healing and were the catalyst(s) in my ordering my J**p with an automatic.

since then, i've come to the realization that i never want to be in the backwoods with a vehicle that requires all 4 extremities to be working in order to get me home.

Ya know, that makes a ton of sense. Sorry you had to learn all that the hard way.
I ordered the Jeep with minimal electronics and the third pedal knowing full well that it may very well be the last manual I get my hands on, so I'm gonna want it to last.
The way the world is going as much as I'm trying to deny it, I'm fairly certain the next vehicle will be fully electric. So, I'll have my manual weekend car and the electric commuter.
Or I'll just have to get a motorcycle, like you.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
i've come to the realization that i never want to be in the backwoods with a vehicle that requires all 4 extremities to be working in order to get me home.

Just remember to stay on the asphalt.

Voice of experience. 🤪 Just when you think you're on solid ground...

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye to my third Jeep (JLUR) bc fire! A-bit-of-a-na

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Why would they spend money to fix it, when the small minority of those who buy manual JLs, many represented here on this forum, keep on writing over and over that they'd buy the manual no matter what?

Poor clutch engagement? Don't care, only buy manual.

Horrible shifting action? Don't care, only buy manual.

Derating of engine to deal with poor design? Don't care, only buy manual.

Horrible performance when you put bigger tires? Don't care, only buy manual.

Exploding transmission bell housing? Don't care, only buy manual.

Jeep accountant: "They don't care, no need to fix it. They can run away if it catches fire"
That would be me, except I just wouldn't buy another Jeep if I got "burned" like this. I would just buy something else with a manual. I have driven shitty manuals for years, but there is NO auto that I enjoy more than a shitty manual.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
you quoted me out of context ; the section you highlighted was relative to the 4-wheel vehicles we were discussing.

not a chance my KTM will only see asphalt. 😆

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye to my third Jeep (JLUR) bc fire! A-bit-of-a-na

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
you quoted me out of context ; the section you highlighted was relative to the 4-wheel vehicles we were discussing.

not a chance my KTM will only see asphalt.
On the contrary, Z. Having two functioning arms and two functioning legs is more important on a motorcycle than it ever will be in a four-wheeled vehicle. I bolded the selected text in your original post precisely to highlight how broad the context actually is. The photo of my napping Suzuki only reinforces this point. ;)

Anyway, if you can gimp the KTM out of a bad spot in the woods, more power to you. :beer: I've been there.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
still not clear?

you quoted a statement made relative to cars, and tried to imply it was about motorcycling.

the rest is a “duh!”.

On the contrary, Z. Having two functioning arms and two functioning legs is more important on a motorcycle than it ever will be in a four-wheeled vehicle. I bolded the selected text in your original post precisely to highlight how broad the context actually is. The photo of my napping Suzuki only reinforces this point. ;)

Anyway, if you can gimp the KTM out of a bad spot in the woods, more power to you. :beer: I've been there.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

A-bit-of-a-nap.jpg
Been there…and done that! Except, I was on pavement and made a sharp turn where there was gravel and sand that was “invisible to me” lol, and went down on my right side!

The Bike was better than me after the slide lol. I remembered tearing up bc I thought I had damaged my bike, altho I was laying on the pavement with a broken ankle and dislocated shoulder! When I asked my cousin was my “Vert” okay, he got her upright and cranked her…a major sigh of relief!

But yea, the only clutch-ed vehicle for me will be a bike! They’re an easy fix when they get faulty.

Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
That looks like a JK, as such would be unrelated to our JL 6sp clutch woes...yeah?
Sponsored