Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
id just leave the jeep at home and use one of my other vehicles to tow a trailer. and if you dont have another vehicle that can tow, rent one for the trip. cheaper than buying an AMG Benz lol.
unless you plan to tow a lot, then just buy an suv/truck that can handle the job, while keeping the jeep at home. the extra cost towards ze benz would be enough to buy a nice used Tahoe that would easily handle the job.
My reasoning is not far from yours. The MB AMG came before the Jeep. But the toys grew up, and the Jeep couldn't pull them. So, yes, I bought a truck, than can tow and hold his own in rough roads. The MB has good towing capacity, but you cannot even find a off road tire for it.
Like someone said above, I will probably be back. The GLE V8 MB AMG going for a V8 Jeep is tempting.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My reasoning is not far from yours. The MB AMG came before the Jeep. But the toys grew up, and the Jeep couldn't pull them. So, yes, I bought a truck, than can tow and hold his own in rough roads. The MB has good towing capacity, but you cannot even find a off road tire for it.
Like someone said above, I will probably be back. The GLE V8 MB AMG going for a V8 Jeep is tempting.
I'm in favor of a Wagoneer in your future... :devil:

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye JL 1635447916805

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
What's that? A G wagen?. Things used to be absolute beasts. Solid and rear front axles. Until the kardashians took over them and now all they care is about 0-60 numbers. Still come with lockers and a neat transfer case. But when i see one. All i can think is about kardashian.

Gladiator was the truck for you. Although they do look a bit funny.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Well, I have the same concern, I don't understand why the wrangler could not be rated to be 4000#, way more capable than minivan for having frame and bigger tire.
Car like Toyota Highlander CNA have 5000#. With tow package. Just checked highland is even shorter wheel base. 2850 vs 3008 admit it is heavier.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
...my MB AMG...
What's that?
I have same question. "MB" makes a whole slew of AMG fitted vehicles. From G-wagen to GT. This description yields zero description of the model we are talking about. Given towing topic I doubt we are talking about a GT here...

I would only hope that this MB AMG is a G-Wagen as @entropy guessed. Surely this MB is not a Unimog as there is no AMG variant of those... yet.

So what is the model?

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I did the same thing back in 2013. Needed the truck, and so the JK had to go.
Fast forward about a month later, and the Jeep bug would not quit, so we bought a well worn TJ. Brought it back to life, and made it into a really cool trail rig. Went way too far on axles, etc. but that is neither here nor there :) Ending up towing the TJ to Jeep jamborees with the truck and had an absolute blast!
You'll be back! Haha

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I have same question. "MB" makes a whole slew of AMG fitted vehicles. From G-wagen to GT. This description yields zero description of the model we are talking about. Given towing topic I doubt we are talking about a GT here...

I would only hope that this MB AMG is a G-Wagen as @entropy guessed. Surely this MB is not a Unimog as there is no AMG variant of those... yet.

So what is the model?
I have a 2015 ML 63 AMG V8 biturbo 500HP+. Towing capacity 7200 lbs, unibody, AWD.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Glad that you got to experience the Jeep life. You will always find a reason not to stay with a Wrangler, if you want to.

A number of people seem angry in their answers. If it is not for you, it is not for you. You don’t have to stay with it forever … that only applies to Bert and Ernie.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in favor of a Wagoneer in your future... :devil:

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye JL 1635447916805
Grand Wagoneer, with the 6.4l Hemi. Towing is no longer a problem.
Having money in your bank account becomes the problem.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I think the Wagonner looks pretty awesome.

No way I could ever afford it, nor do I want all that tech on the inside, but it looks cool.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
My brother has an E63 AMG wagon. He also had a Grand Cherokee SRT 8 for his winter car, but was unhappy with the interior quality... too many things were falling apart... with the way used car prices have been, he was able to trade it in straight up for an ML63 AMG this summer. I was considering the Gladiator when I ordered my Wrangler, but if I need a truck, I'll just borrow my other brother's Silverado.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I hear ya. My 3.6 isn’t fast enough… so just end up driving my Lambos more often.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The Wagoneer actually has a higher towing capacity than the Grand. Probably has something to do with the fancy suspension system on the Grand or higher curb weight on the Grand lowering its total towing capacity.

Also, some of y’all need to work on your reading comprehension. The OP isn’t ditching the Jeep to tow with the Mercedes... he is getting a truck to tow with because lately he has been using the Merc to tow.

Anyway, best of luck OP, and of course you’re always welcome around these parts :rock:
Sponsored