DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
.....Not a part of the EJS in Moab? What are some other good trails in that area? I'm looking for a good mix of techical and scenic. We've got a JK Rubi, Gladiator Rubi, JL Rubi (all on 35's) and might have one JKU on 33's with us. We've got winches to help the JKU, but want trails to be do-able for it.

We're possibly heading out that way during EJS week and may do one or two EJS events/trails but don't want to spend the whole week around the crowds.

We're also considering SW Missouri and Arkansas. If we stick closer to home, it will be the KAT in Kentucky and possibly Windrock, which are great, but we're hearing a voice whispering, "Go West, old men!"
Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
.....Not a part of the EJS in Moab? What are some other good trails in that area? I'm looking for a good mix of techical and scenic. We've got a JK Rubi, Gladiator Rubi, JL Rubi (all on 35's) and might have one JKU on 33's with us. We've got winches to help the JKU, but want trails to be do-able for it.

We're possibly heading out that way during EJS week and may do one or two EJS events/trails but don't want to spend the whole week around the crowds.

We're also considering SW Missouri and Arkansas. If we stick closer to home, it will be the KAT in Kentucky and possibly Windrock, which are great, but we're hearing a voice whispering, "Go West, old men!"
I live in N.E Utah. Born and raised. If your coming from Moab you should go to the Bookcliffs. Its not to far North of Moab. I spend a lot of time out there. Its mainly a hunting area, but this time of year can be fun playing in snow and there are endless two tracks to explore. Just be careful, this isn't "tourist land" like Moab. If you get stuck/hurt, there will be no one around to help, especially this time of year. You are basically on your own.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I live in N.E Utah. Born and raised. If your coming from Moab you should go to the Bookcliffs. Its not to far North of Moab. I spend a lot of time out there. Its mainly a hunting area, but this time of year can be fun playing in snow and there are endless two tracks to explore. Just be careful, this isn't "tourist land" like Moab. If you get stuck/hurt, there will be no one around to help, especially this time of year. You are basically on your own.
We don't mind that kind of remote place. We'd be there March 28-April 1 or 2. Love the idea of not being in tourist land. I love the EJS, but I much prefer being out there at less crowded times. We went in October of 2018 and hardly saw anyone on trails except for the most popular ones.

Thanks for the tips!! If we do come that way, we'd welcome you to join us!

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Your welcome and thanks for the invite. I work as a LEO and have crazy work schedule, so you'll have to count me out.

If/when you do go there, just PM me and I can give you some ideas. I pactically grew up out there, camping, hunting, getting firewood and etc.

Here are some vids of the area;

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

We’re from KY and planning on a 2 week MT, ID, WA, WY, SD excursion with my winch equipped JLU on 33-34’s and a Willys JK on 33’s. I’ve got tons and tons of GPX’s on my Gaia account. We plan on going end of July to Middle of August.

I like our state but there’s only so much dead leaf forest floors with obstructed views I’m willing to drive hours for so the best option is to go West!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We’re from KY and planning on a 2 week MT, ID, WA, WY, SD excursion with my winch equipped JLU on 33-34’s and a Willys JK on 33’s. I’ve got tons and tons of GPX’s on my Gaia account. We plan on going end of July to Middle of August.

I like our state but there’s only so much dead leaf forest floors with obstructed views I’m willing to drive hours for so the best option is to go West!
Yeah, LOVE KY, but you are right. I want the wide open space! I'm leaning probably 80% to going out there anyway, even with EJS going on.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your welcome and thanks for the invite. I work as a LEO and have crazy work schedule, so you'll have to count me out.

If/when you do go there, just PM me and I can give you some ideas. I pactically grew up out there, camping, hunting, getting firewood and etc.

I'll definitely PM you!

Wow, I've never seen a Bison run a marathon like that! LOL!

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...

That bison wasn't racing. Given the music you were playng, he was probably worried about his real purdy mouf. 😳
Sponsored