Sponsored

Good quality aftermarket LED Tail Lights? VLAND failed... Oracle now?

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
Hi folks,

In case anyone is looking at this style/model, I purchased these Vland tail lights and they started leaking almost right away. Then one side failed within 3 weeks of install.

https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-Compat...keywords=vland+led+jeep&qid=1607884464&sr=8-1

Is there an aftermarket LED Tail Light option out there that is reliable and properly sealed? Or do I have to go with OEM LED for long term durability? (for a 2020 JLU with halogen) Should I try the Oracles now?

Jeep Wrangler JL Good quality aftermarket LED Tail Lights? VLAND failed... Oracle now? IMG_1587

Jeep Wrangler JL Good quality aftermarket LED Tail Lights? VLAND failed... Oracle now? IMG_1630
Sponsored

Last edited:

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Oracle or Quake seem to be very popular.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi Phil, feel free to let us know if we can help with any questions regarding these lights. :)

OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
Can anyone with the Oracle Tail lights comment on long term reliability?

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I'm past my years of the "smoked look". Guess I will opt for Mopar ones!
seriously. I’m in the camp of I want people to see when I’m braking now.

just be aware if you get the Mopar ones, you’ll need to set your tail lights to LED using JSCAN/tazer or get a dealer flash.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Hi folks,

In case anyone is looking at this style/model, I purchased these Vland tail lights and they started leaking almost right away. Then one side failed within 3 weeks of install.

https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-Compat...keywords=vland+led+jeep&qid=1607884464&sr=8-1

Is there an aftermarket LED Tail Light option out there that is reliable and properly sealed? Or do I have to go with OEM LED for long term durability? (for a 2020 JLU with halogen) Should I try the Oracles now?

Jeep Wrangler JL Good quality aftermarket LED Tail Lights? VLAND failed... Oracle now? 3D3BE875-ABB6-4B54-9671-D518BF87453A

Jeep Wrangler JL Good quality aftermarket LED Tail Lights? VLAND failed... Oracle now? 3D3BE875-ABB6-4B54-9671-D518BF87453A
I bought a pair of these for my daughter's jeep, like them so well that I"m going to be ordering a set for my jeep. I"ve pulled the
BSM out of the ones off my daughter's jeep & will do the same with mine for the new lights. if you don't have the safety group with the blind spot monitors, I'm sure I can make you a deal on a set of factory led lights

Sponsored

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
seriously. I’m in the camp of I want people to see when I’m braking now.

just be aware if you get the Mopar ones, you’ll need to set your tail lights to LED using JSCAN/tazer or get a dealer flash.
Good tip. I've heard more people saying "plug and play" than most, but others are saying a dealer flash is needed.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good tip. I've heard more people saying "plug and play" than most, but others are saying a dealer flash is needed.
the plug will click right in, and they’ll probably come on, but they don’t draw enough current and eventually the Jeep will think the bulb is out and the light will turn off.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
the plug will click right in, and they’ll probably come on, but they don’t draw enough current and eventually the Jeep will think the bulb is out and the light will turn off.
I do see that some aftermarket (non-Mopar) lights have some resistor included....assume that is to "trick" the car to think incandescent bulbs are still back there.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do see that some aftermarket (non-Mopar) lights have some resistor included....assume that is to "trick" the car to think incandescent bulbs are still back there.
yep, that’s exactly what it’s for.