Sponsored

Good place to mount twin ARB compressor in the Rubicon 392?

mattcarvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Has anyone found a good place to mount the twin ARB compressor in the Rubicon 392? Not much room under the hood!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone found a good place to count the twin ARB compressor in the Rubicon 392? Not much room under the hood!
There are a lot of solutions; under the seat, in the under floor storage in the back, by the roll bar out back.

American Adventure Labs - Under rear storage deck, allows an aux battery to be mounted on the same plate

Innovative AT Products - Under seat; auto inflate, 4 tire system

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The ARB twin is fan-cooled, but at the same time, the dirtier it gets the harder it sheds heat from its finned aluminum case. I opted to putting up with a little in cabin noise for the sake of keeping it in a cleaner environment. Also, it's right there next to the rest of my tire related stuff in the cargo area, while still being out of the way of other cargo.

I used the MORE compressor bracket, which was part of a compressor bundle package from Northridge 4x4. It mounts the ARB power switch right above the unit, so I didn't have to lose an aux switch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Good place to mount twin ARB compressor in the Rubicon 392? 20201117_112108
Jeep Wrangler JL Good place to mount twin ARB compressor in the Rubicon 392? 20201117_112048

OP
OP

mattcarvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
The ARB twin is fan-cooled, but at the same time, the dirtier it gets the harder it sheds heat from its finned aluminum case. I opted to putting up with a little in cabin noise for the sake of keeping it in a cleaner environment. Also, it's right there next to the rest of my tire related stuff in the cargo area, while still being out of the way of other cargo.

I used the MORE compressor bracket, which was part of a compressor bundle package from Northridge 4x4. It mounts the ARB power switch right above the unit, so I didn't have to lose an aux switch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Good place to mount twin ARB compressor in the Rubicon 392? 20201117_112048
What did you use for the extension hose and mount on the aft-side of the roll bar? Is that part of a kit? Or did you make it?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What did you use for the extension hose and mount on the aft-side of the roll bar? Is that part of a kit? Or did you make it?
The quick disconnect coupler, it's dust shield, and mounting bracket are ARB products. The 18" stainless Teflon line is from a different company, but I got it all from Northridge 4x4. Those lines come in many lengths and are listed by meter. I believe .5 meter is 18"?

The benefit of the line, other than locating the coupler in an easy to access and out of the way spot, is that it gives the released hot air a chance to cool down and the coupler doesn't get as hot.

Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
There are a lot of solutions; under the seat, in the under floor storage in the back, by the roll bar out back.

American Adventure Labs - Under rear storage deck, allows an aux battery to be mounted on the same plate

Innovative AT Products - Under seat; auto inflate, 4 tire system
Because of the 392 Exhaust System, the rear storage area wont work for mounting the dual ARB compressor, unlike most JLs.

There is lots of room under rear seats. But anything mounted there will interfere with the ability to fold down the seats. And the floor vents under the front seats limit that as an option.

EDIT: See post #7 below, which is an option if you don't mind the rear seat floor well space limited for adult passengers seated in the rear. That area was not an option for me as that is where I installed my vhf/uhf radio for trail and emergency comms.

M.O.R.E has an awesome solution for those without Sky One Touch hard tops to mount on driver side rear area.

If you have a 392 with the Sky One Touch, you may want to look at other airing solutions like a PowerTank or portable electric compressor. ARB and VIAR both have good electric compressor options. I own the power tank and air up 4 37" tires from 12lbs to 32 lbs in less than 10 minutes. I also own the 400p VIAR and it works great but takes about 30 minutes to air up the same amount as the PowerTank.

Last edited: