Good news - Gupton purchased Wrangler serviced at dealer other than Gupton

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
It's not some evil scheme. It's quite simple. Take care of your own customers first.

Threatening to withhold service for weeks because you purchased elsewhere isn't prioritizing your own customers. It's a strong arm sales tactic.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Threatening to withhold service for weeks because you purchased elsewhere isn't prioritizing your own customers. It's a strong arm sales tactic.
It's not a sales tactic if you follow through with it. There is nothing wrong with prioritizing your good customers over the internet shopper. And it certainly isn't a "threat".

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
So the first Jeep Wave oil change went OK. Have put 4,500 miles on the Jeep in 9 weeks.
The bill show a retail cost of $77, damn.
My cost was $0.

It was very hard for me to let someone else work on my vehicles for things I can do myself. I'm pretty anal about my vehicles, especially new ones, but I also like free.

Sadly, pride in ones work seems rare these days and was reflected in the final job.

Oil slopped on the beauty cover, around the fill tube and on the front driveshaft u-joint and the oil pan.

I know, I'm being picky, but it is disappointing. A little care and a rag go a long ways towards conveying quality work.

On a good note, props to the engine designers for locating the oil filter where it is easy to get to.

20211204_132457.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
So the first Jeep Wave oil change went OK. Have put 4,500 miles on the Jeep in 9 weeks.
The bill show a retail cost of $77, damn.
My cost was $0.

It was very hard for me to let someone else work on my vehicles for things I can do myself. I'm pretty anal about my vehicles, especially new ones, but I also like free.

Sadly, pride in ones work seems rare these days and was reflected in the final job.

Oil slopped on the beauty cover, around the fill tube and on the front driveshaft u-joint and the oil pan.

I know, I'm being picky, but it is disappointing. A little care and a rag go a long ways towards conveying quality work.

On a good note, props to the engine designers for locating the oil filter where it is easy to get to.

Jeep Wrangler JL Good news - Gupton purchased Wrangler serviced at dealer other than Gupton 20211204_132457
You’re being petty.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
The service department doesn’t know where you purchased your vehicle. In 30 years of driving and owning over 35 vehicles, I’ve never once been asked by a service department where I purchased the vehicle.
Sponsored