Sponsored

Good Deals Right Now!

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
@MightyAndrew You can go to Penfed.org online (a credit union) and get way under 2% or 3% if I remember correctly.

People who think saving an interest rate % point or two is not a big deal are not good at math. Getting your own financing is invaluable. And you can do it before the Jeep arrives and have it ready to go. The extra cost in a bad interest rate is annual while the percentage below invoice is one time. Yeah it sounds good on the forum but you pay less with a better loan rate.
Many people finance with the dealer to get the discount and then refinance afterwards for a better rate.
Sponsored

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
@MightyAndrew You can go to Penfed.org online (a credit union) and get way under 2% or 3% if I remember correctly.

People who think saving an interest rate % point or two is not a big deal are not good at math. Getting your own financing is invaluable. And you can do it before the Jeep arrives and have it ready to go. The extra cost in a bad interest rate is annual while the percentage below invoice is one time. Yeah it sounds good on the forum but you pay less with a better loan rate.
Right. That is why I will likely go with Koons as I can bring my own financing. That is huge to me. I don't know what rates I will get from Criswell and don't want to spin that Russian roulette chamber and end up shooting myself in the head.

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
Check Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville, might be worth saving a drive to MD. I bought from her last year at 6% below and exploring a 2021 Rubicon from her. No finance required, believe fee is a lot less too (was about $150 but not sure if it went up). That fee eats up any of the incremental % discounts Criswell offers. Good luck!

Kate Morris -+1 (484) 631-6849
[email protected]

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
I agree about the good deals to be had right now. It's also true that many dealers have very low inventory. In my case, I had to look at a lot of dealerships to find exactly what I wanted + a good deal + a good trade in value. At the end, I got exactly the JLUR in the color I wanted with 8% off the sticker price and $2k more for my trade in than any other dealer and 0% financing.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I suspect deals will get even better once that new Bronco starts shipping next year.

Sponsored

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Hi Team,

Just wanted to chime in with my recent purchase experience of a 2020 Rubicon Recon and remind everyone it's definitely a buyer's market. The dealership near me had three Recon's on the lot, so I told them i'll take one if I can get 5% off invoice. They weren't quite able to get there, but I was still able to get a black on black loaded with everything except Cold Weather Package for $50k, when factoring in the $2,500 credit they applied towards dealer add-ons (GPS tracking, road-side assistance, SOS, protection kit). I saw ill-equipped regular Rubi's going for $2-3k higher pre-covid. I financed the balance at 0% APR for 36 months. All this to say, if you're on the fence, dealerships are hungry to sell and now is a great time to jump!
Interesting, but more and more dealers are getting really tight on inventory right now. the 2020 to 2021 MY changeover will be different this year compared to recent years because of the COVID factory shutdowns. Meaning, the typical buying opportunities (cash on the hood for leftover 2020s, etc) MAY, or MAY NOT, be there.
I'm trying to get a specific 2 door Willys for my FIL right know and finding a deal is impossible - and I'm the guy who bought mine back in Jan 2020 for 23% off MSRP....

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Yep yep!

OP
OP
Reconatrek

Reconatrek

First Name
Mamba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Interesting, but more and more dealers are getting really tight on inventory right now. the 2020 to 2021 MY changeover will be different this year compared to recent years because of the COVID factory shutdowns. Meaning, the typical buying opportunities (cash on the hood for leftover 2020s, etc) MAY, or MAY NOT, be there.
I'm trying to get a specific 2 door Willys for my FIL right know and finding a deal is impossible - and I'm the guy who bought mine back in Jan 2020 for 23% off MSRP....
Yeah, it sounds like deal opportunity is partially geographically driven as much as anything. How many dealerships are in your area and how competitive are they amongst one another? Here in Los Angeles, there are many dealerships and competition amongst them is fierce.

Sponsored

WeakFish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara
I am in Eastern Pennsylvania. I am actually in the process of getting quotes from Koons AND Criswell for a 2021. I think I am going to go with Koons because 2% of Criswell's percentage off invoice is dependent on your financing with them. Those rates may not, and probably will not, be better than financing that you can obtain through your already established relationships with financial institutions. With Koons, you can bring your own financing with no penalty and still get 7.5% off invoice. The only issue with Koons is their ridiculous $899 processing fee. I believe Criswell has a $500 processing fee.
In Maryland (Criswell) dealer processing fees are capped at $500.