Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Do people drive around with bags of cash in there car?? I mean if someone wants to steal my dirty gym clothes a beach chair, and my kids juice cup.. more power to them..
Sponsored

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do people drive around with bags of cash in there car?? I mean if someone wants to steal my dirty gym clothes a beach chair, and my kids juice cup.. more power to them..
I keep an old smart phone in it.

Even without service I can use it as an MP3 player, and it theoretically can call 911 still.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I keep an old smart phone in it.

Even without service I can use it as an MP3 player, and it theoretically can call 911 still.
well Heaven forbid that gets stolen..

I keep a ham radio, handheld but lock it in glove box.. and some off-road self rescue gear under the rear seat... shovel basic tools, tow straps, hooks, tracks, and an air compressor.. but can put that in the garage most of the time when I have the top off.. or put a few items in center console or glove box... in 3 years of having top off from June to sept, the worst that happened was some one thru McDonald’s trash in the back

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
So with spring here and summer coming in Florida....

I wanted to go to the beach without the top and blast music with my friends on our way there. I have a subwoofer in the back and amp under the back seat. Im new to jeep and although I see a lot of topless riders, I always wondered about security. Do we just wing it and hope for the best? Beach somewhere where you can keep an eye on your jeep from afar?

What do you guys do?
Keep the rig moving at all times faster than any potential assailant can run....

get a guard dog?

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
... in 3 years of having top off from June to sept, the worst that happened was some one thru McDonald’s trash in the back
this scares me more than anything, well maybe not McDonald's trash, but soda/coffee/cigarettes/etc, something that could damage the interior. I keep most of my recovery gear in a tuffy tailgate lockbox.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Keep the rig moving at all times faster than any potential assailant can run....

get a guard dog?
I leave a large rubber snake coiled up on the drivers seat.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
this scares me more than anything, well maybe not McDonald's trash, but soda/coffee/cigarettes/etc, something that could damage the interior. I keep most of my recovery gear in a tuffy tailgate lockbox.
More than someone throwing trash in it, I'd be worried about… birds. :)
Or, then there's this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Going topless and not have anything stolen image

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
You're the one that said to put decals and a camera in the Jeep. I was pointing out that was a senseless effort. Ring doorbells are finding that crooks are getting smarter by walking to the door with some cardboard in front of them and then they take the doorbell with them along with the packages from the front porch.

And why should I trust you?
Lock only keep honest people honest... that said, we all keep a look out on each others things when we can!

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I just came across this rear cargo option which looks pretty cool. Has anyone had any experience with EZ Trunk? Product looks great but can't find anything on the quality or service of @EZTrunk company

Sponsored

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Thieves are looking for easy targets. you cant secure anything against the determined low life peace of crap, but you can hide it from them. be clever and conceal your goodies, hide the amp, build a secure cargo box over the woofer, etc... concealment is king.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂