Going topless and not have anything stolen

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Has no one else with a manual transmission ever worried someone would release their parking brake?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Has no one else with a manual transmission ever worried someone would release their parking brake?
No. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. Plus kids these days don’t understand how manual transmissions work anyway.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

im learning there isnt much you can do to keep someone from stealing from your car. just leave it open and empty. take your firearms out and everything else you will miss. I am stocked to have the jeep naked this summer!

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
No. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. Plus kids these days don’t understand how manual transmissions work anyway.
You don’t need to understand a manual transmission to release a parking brake and watch a vehicle roll. Found some other threads of people with manual transmissions who live in high crime areas or who are aware of the mean-spirited idiots out there having the same concerns since there is no longer a wheel lock. It’s not just about people stealing your stuff. But, there are options to help people with legitimate concerns driving stick shifts.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You don’t need to understand a manual transmission to release a parking brake and watch a vehicle roll. Found some other threads of people with manual transmissions who live in high crime areas or who are aware of the mean-spirited idiots out there having the same concerns since there is no longer a wheel lock. It’s not just about people stealing your stuff. But, there are options to help people with legitimate concerns driving stick shifts.
Sorry i struck a nerve. If you release a parking break on an automatic it doesn’t roll. That’s all i meant. It was meant to be a lighthearted response.

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Sorry i struck a nerve. If you release a parking break on an automatic it doesn’t roll. That’s all i meant. It was meant to be a lighthearted response.
All good. It’s just frustrating when everyone seems to have a “no big deal” attitude. Especially the people who are saying they live in low crime areas and don’t have to worry about a thing. I don’t have that luxury. I think I’m more frustrated at the number of homeless people that walk around my area. Of course I won’t leave valuables in my car, but it is a legitimate concern about security. I’m more concerned with leaving my doors unlocked or if the doors are off and having someone vandalize the interior or release the brake. I’d be more surprised if someone broke into my window than I’d be if I found a homeless person sleeping in it. But, when it comes down to it, insurance is a thing, and there are going to be risks everywhere. Hoping to incorporate the proximity alarm and some ideas to secure the parking brake and/or clutch.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
If my workplace had an employee parking area I’d definitely drive my Jeep with no doors and no top.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I have the Diabolical Slipstream and love it, but I still lock the doors with the key fob when going topless so the tailgate locks.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
All good. It’s just frustrating when everyone seems to have a “no big deal” attitude. Especially the people who are saying they live in low crime areas and don’t have to worry about a thing. I don’t have that luxury. I think I’m more frustrated at the number of homeless people that walk around my area. Of course I won’t leave valuables in my car, but it is a legitimate concern about security. I’m more concerned with leaving my doors unlocked or if the doors are off and having someone vandalize the interior or release the brake. I’d be more surprised if someone broke into my window than I’d be if I found a homeless person sleeping in it. But, when it comes down to it, insurance is a thing, and there are going to be risks everywhere. Hoping to incorporate the proximity alarm and some ideas to secure the parking brake and/or clutch.
I get it. I’ve been there. Lived in a city a few blocks from a homeless shelter and parked on the street. Tried everything and eventually just left it open. Lots of mornings i would walk out to find my doors and console wide open (not the glovebox. They had ripped that right off long before).

Sponsored

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I do worry about it, but I hope between the parking brake, having my Jeep in gear and wedging a chock behind a rear tire, that will be too many things for a person to go thru to roll my car away

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
If it makes you feel any better, I live in a nice area that's perceived to be low crime... Yet cars are constantly broken into in my neighborhood. Even if people live somewhere nice, it's just a false sense of security, there's crime everywhere.

BayouBeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4 EcoDiesel
If true my dogs would set off my alarm constantly...although my Lab Pittie is not a fan of unknown arms reaching in, a guy at the Maverick in Monticello UT recently discovered that
I of course do not know which models this option comes with. If you look at the Jeep Wrangler Brochure Page 24 (shown below) you will see it. Maybe your dealer can help you figure out if you have the feature or not.

upload_2019-7-17_8-13-50.png

snowtx1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Does anyone have a solution to this? I need to park my JLUS in my driveway with the top off and am worried that someone can take it out of gear and release the parking brake. Does the steering wheel lock so you can least do that? Thx.

rid34fun

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere
Occupation
Director of Campus Development
This sounds like a great opportunity for Jeep to find a lockable solution for us manual trans folks. To be able to lock the brakes when parked.
Sponsored