Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Here’s my take..

1. Don’t worry about it.
  2. If topless and/or odorless, remove all valuables
  3. Do not lock the center armrest thing or the glovebox
  4. This will sound weird, but when you hop out, lock the “doors”. If you don’t have doors on, well, they won’t lock, but the tailgate will and with that locked, the little carpet cover door thing in the back can’t come up either (pretty sure anyway). I wouldn’t keep anything valuable in there but if you absolutely must and don’t use it to store your recovery gear ;)
I don’t live in a bad area, but I live in a busy, well populated area and thus, there’s crime. Places near by are a little more tame but last summer I just said F-it and let it go.. back full of groceries? F-it... if someone steals some junk food or beer from my back, they probably need it more than I. The key, nothing in there of value!

I’ve also now got some recovery gear and an antenna mounted to the outside.. you know what, if some bimbo jacks it, whatever... it’s a Jeep. I’ll just buy new and move on.

I think that’s where JIMBOX or whatever his name is gets the “whatever” part of his signature. Guess it’s a Jeep thing, not really caring :beer:
Bahahaa "odorless"

I'm sure you meant "doorless"

Anyone else realize autocorrect on this forum is off for some reason??
Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Bahahaa "odorless"

I'm sure you meant "doorless"

Anyone else realize autocorrect on this forum is off for some reason??
:mad::computerrage: Damn it! I typed all that on an iPad so let’s blame apple’s stupid autocorrect

Also, pro tip: always run odorless in your Jeep! Your spouse, kids, moms etc will thank you

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
:mad::computerrage: Damn it! I typed all that on an iPad so let’s blame apple’s stupid autocorrect

Also, pro tip: always run odorless in your Jeep! Your spouse, kids, moms etc will thank you
Ahahaa

No it's not your ipad..its this site for some reason.

No matter what device I use it's always autocorrecting odd words or phrases.

jimw630

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2001 TJ, 1999 TJ, 1969 CJ5, 1950 CJ3A, 1948 CJ2A
I found if you leave it muddy, most will leave it alone. I guess they assume if you can't afford to wash it, you won't have anything of value inside.

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I used to own a Hayabusa (which is one of the most stolen bikes). A few of BKPs to keep the thievery down:
-Park where your Jeep remains in sight whenever possible (convenience store, restaurant, etc)
-Park near the front of the store where there’s likely a store camera on it or enough people going in/out to deter thieves
-Well lit area at night
-Keep ya goodies outta sight

Sponsored

BayouBeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4 EcoDiesel
Not sure what year they started but the new JL has an interior Ultrasonic sensor to trigger the alarm if motion is detected inside the cabin. In short, always arm the system by using the lock button on your key fob! Yes I know the honking horn sound does not grab everyone's attention anymore but it does make a would be thief run away.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Anything can be stolen, but there seems to be a certain respect for the Jeep crowd. When I had a Harley, a buddy of mine said plainly “do you think thieves want to find out who the owner is?” I never locked anything up on that. But I also didn’t leave it alone in a lot overnight.

I think the same thing applies to Jeeps. A day in the sun without anything easy to grab will typically be fine. But don’t assume that after dark in a sketchy area.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
There’s a certain level of risk you just have to deal with. You can the whole soft top off and steal it without setting off the alarm. The top itself wasn’t that much of a deterrent to begin with.

Just don’t keep anything valuable in the Jeep. Most people aren’t going to bother unbolting and prying something in broad daylight at a public beach.

Sponsored

aestes89

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Infrastructure Analyst
I have a soft top I like to remove frequently and worried about the same thing. My amp is hidden under the driver seat. You can't see it from any angle, but I suppose it would be simple enough for someone to steal if they knew it was there. My subwoofer, put a metal eyebolt through the back of the sub box. Got about a foot of some really thick chain from home depot and used a padlock to chain the subbox to the eyebolts on the jeep floor in the back. (was worried the chain would rattle. it doesn't at all. doesn't look bad, cost maybe $10.) If someone has some serious bolt cutters or a hacksaw, yeah, they'll get the sub. If they want it that bad, I guess that's what comprehensive coverage is for. Everything else gets locked in the glove box. Fingers crossed, but never had a problem!

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
The glovebox on the JL does seem to be better than the JK's glovebox from a security standpoint (latches on both the left and right sides). The center console seems the same.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Here’s my take..

1. Don’t worry about it.
  2. If topless and/or doorless, remove all valuables
  3. Do not lock the center armrest thing or the glovebox
  4. This will sound weird, but when you hop out, lock the “doors”. If you don’t have doors on, well, they won’t lock, but the tailgate will and with that locked, the little carpet cover door thing in the back can’t come up either (pretty sure anyway). I wouldn’t keep anything valuable in there but if you absolutely must and don’t use it to store your recovery gear ;)
I don’t live in a bad area, but I live in a busy, well populated area and thus, there’s crime. Places near by are a little more tame but last summer I just said F-it and let it go.. back full of groceries? F-it... if someone steals some junk food or beer from my back, they probably need it more than I. The key, nothing in there of value!

I’ve also now got some recovery gear and an antenna mounted to the outside.. you know what, if some bimbo jacks it, whatever... it’s a Jeep. I’ll just buy new and move on.

I think that’s where JIMBOX or whatever his name is gets the “whatever” part of his signature. Guess it’s a Jeep thing, not really caring :beer:
I was going to post something but this quote (with the auto-correct) captures it perfectly.