First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
So with spring here and summer coming in Florida....

I wanted to go to the beach without the top and blast music with my friends on our way there. I have a subwoofer in the back and amp under the back seat. Im new to jeep and although I see a lot of topless riders, I always wondered about security. Do we just wing it and hope for the best? Beach somewhere where you can keep an eye on your jeep from afar?

What do you guys do?
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

I wanted to go to the beach without the top and blast music with my friends on our way there. I have a subwoofer in the back and amp under the back seat. Im new to jeep and although I see a lot of topless riders, I always wondered about security. Do we just wing it and hope for the best? Beach somewhere where you can keep an eye on your jeep from afar?

What do you guys do?

What do you guys do?
Slap a couple of these on your windows or wherever you choose.

Be better to actually have a camera system to go along with the decals.

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/warning-sticker-audio-and-video-recording-in-progress-transparent/
20190324_212451.jpg

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I'm from Florida too. I bought the GPCA PRO Cargo Cover and I've been really happy with it.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

What do you guys do?
You can get add-on devices for factory security system or a complete 3rd part alarm system with motion/proximity sensors. Depending on circumstances those will at least make them think twice.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I'm from Florida too. I bought the GPCA PRO Cargo Cover and I've been really happy with it.
Nice, I like that. Not full protection but it would deter from peaking and trying to undo and take stuff I guess.

Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I just ordered the Diabolical Slipstream cover/enclosure for the back. It's pricey, but I have to leave expensive items in my vehicle regularly and I want them to be there when I return. There are a couple of similar items on the market and a lot of people have made their own enclosures.

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Did the .50 Cal ammo cans install on the tailgate and I have a toolbox locked down in place of one of the stock cargo tie downs.
As soon as we get a week of no rain tops a coming off.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
One small thing a friend told me never to do was to lock the glovebox. He found his glovebox pried open after leaving it parked with the top off. My son's a cop and he told me that there are two kinds of thieves who steal from cars; the pros who look from car to car for laptops and purses then break the glass when they find them and the amateurs who go from car to car checking to see if they're unlocked and then they go through everything. I just carry is a backpack when I'm going to leave the tops off, throw everything in there, and take it with me.

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I also just purchased the diabolical inc slip stream for my JL (awesome) but with my jk I just walked away and hoped for the best. Same thing with the security box installed.. if someone really wants something, they will just take it, no matter what you do.. bottom line... don’t keep anything in the Jeep you will actually miss and just get clever with hiding things that are semi important..

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I learned a lesson very early on with my JK.. The factory lock on the glove box and center console are hardly theft deterants. They pry open with enough force. Lost a good MP3 player that way.

My advice, and what I always do.. empty the Jeep of all valuables and then go naked.

Sponsored

ChesBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted Sport S LSD
I agree, being a Jeep owner you often have to think through what you keep inside the Jeep and where you keep it. With my first Jeep (YJ), I had a detachable steering wheel (complete with carrying bag) to deter vehicle theft. Didn't stop them from slicing my soft half door inserts...to steal my prescription Oakleys (so damn aggravating)...so I kept it unlocked after that.
My JK and now JL are a bit more secure and I live in a better area now...but it's always worth thinking about what you plan on doing and where your Jeep may be spending the night before you leave home.

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
The diabolical slipstream makes the entire cargo area secure. Someone would need to use a grinder or a torch to get in there, or a big damn hammer and pry bar. It's solid.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Parked it like this at my work parking garage this morning. The day was too beautiful not to go topless. It's always a risk. I agree not to leave anything in the jeep and keep the glove boxes open. It's a pain but you have to adapt to the world we live in today.

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What I do on doorless days is rid my vehicle of EVERYTHING I can that isn't a necessity. Then I lock what's left in the console. I always remove my firearms from the vehicle if I'm doorless also. I won't even leave them hidden or locked anywhere inside on those days.