Going to test drive Rubicon vs Sahara today need some opinions

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I may just order the base Willys with the cool retro roll up windows and or locks you have to push with your hand to lock! Yes maybe a little inconvenient but personally it’s cool at the same time…and my kids love the roll up windows too!!
LOL!!:CWL: That's what I have now on my GMC Sierra!! Along with 5 speed stick, no cruise control, and no AC. Built that way from the factory. I added in a nice dual battery setup since I had so much room in the empty engine bay.

Jeep Wrangler JL Going to test drive Rubicon vs Sahara today need some opinions 262618BE-9FD7-4202-950D-F36EA9C28FE5
Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Well there are a couple of different perspectives. I personally would not shy away from a Rubicon just because of a few issues. I'm more with your way of thinking Frank. Heck I would not even do "potting" the sensor and run it as is.

I go back to that day in 2006 or so at the Oklahoma state fair. My best friend in the whole world and I were under the newly released Rubicon salivating at all the features and how much more beefy it was than the standard model.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Well there are a couple of different perspectives. I personally would not shy away from a Rubicon just because of a few issues. I'm more with your way of thinking Frank. Heck I would not even do "potting" the sensor and run it as is.

I go back to that day in 2006 or so at the Oklahoma state fair. My best friend in the whole world and I were under the newly released Rubicon salivating at all the features and how much more beefy it was than the standard model.
Potting the sensors is SUPER easy and it was an excuse to swap out the differential fluids for the high end synthetics I wanted in there anyway. I think it is very good insurance because I think most will fail, it is just a dumb design. The harness option then takes away the dash confirmation which is a neat option to have still. You certainly do not want to always be second guessing, just go all in. My basic Rubi was like $43k and could have been had a few grand cheaper with omitting a couple options and buying from a dealer with deep discounts. I just think it is silly to suggest there is a reason to not get the Rubicon. This doesn't stop people from trying to justify what they bought. Most of them end up spending far more when they realize they DO want those capabilities.
Sponsored