Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Frame welds, bubbling in door hinges and overall paint quality, test drive it on the highway and make sure it isn’t all over the road or ask if it has the updated steering box aka cast iron vs aluminum. Those would be some of the first things I would check.

I would for sure get a car fax on it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I'm not an expert on the pricing, but that doesn't sound terrible with all the mods he has.

I'd check to see if the Steering TSB has been done. Obviously drive it.
It has the Mopar lift, see if he added front and rear track bars. Shouldn't be a show stopper IMO but it's one less thing you need to get if your going to take it offroad.
He said it has a 100000mi warranty. Make sure it's a Mopar warranty and not a 3rd party one. Also, make sure it's fully transferable.

The only downside I see is that it has the 7" uConnect instead of the 8.4". But you can always upgrade that.

If I were shopping around for a used Jeep, I'd consider this one..

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I would make sure you are able to engage the lockers, I would also look at the wiring harness coming from the axles housings as the Rubicon's have had a bad run with the e-locker sensors failing, currently the only fix is to replace the entire axle as the sensors are not available to be purchased separately. Z Automotive has made a harness to put a bandaid over the problem but it doesn't fix them its just tricks the computer so that there is no warning lights on the dash. For those that haven't had any issues i would recommend taking the sensors out and potting them to properly seal them. (there is a thread on this vary toic).

OP
OP
Jhawth

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate it!

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I would make sure you are able to engage the lockers, I would also look at the wiring harness coming from the axles housings as the Rubicon's have had a bad run with the e-locker sensors failing, currently the only fix is to replace the entire axle as the sensors are not available to be purchased separately. Z Automotive has made a harness to put a bandaid over the problem but it doesn't fix them its just tricks the computer so that there is no warning lights on the dash. For those that haven't had any issues i would recommend taking the sensors out and potting them to properly seal them. (there is a thread on this vary toic).
I wouldn’t call the z automotive harness a band aid. Yes the garbage sensor is still garbage, but it isn’t necessary. The JK’s didn’t have them, the Mopar harness for adding rubicon axles to your non-rubicon only has 2 wires because the sensor is unnecessary. Not only does the z automotive harness fix the warning light, it allows the lockers to function properly which is really the only problem caused by the failed sensor. I’m amazed that nobody from the aftermarket has put out a knock off version of the unobtainable sensor.

OP
OP
Jhawth

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well I ended up pulling the trigger on a new JLUR instead of buying this one. Good news is I'm no longer going to be spending hours and hours looking at used vehicles, and I can shift that focus to spending hours and hours looking at aftermarket parts haha!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Well I ended up pulling the trigger on a new JLUR instead of buying this one. Good news is I'm no longer going to be spending hours and hours looking at used vehicles, and I can shift that focus to spending hours and hours looking at aftermarket parts haha!
That’s a never ending pursuit. Everything from door sill guards to stubby antenna, to lift and tires. The aftermarket is massive and covers all price ranges. From $15k axle swaps to $5 passenger grab handle tray (highly recommend as a place to set a phone, keys, wallet, etc on road trips) no matter your budget you can buy something for the Jeep.
Sponsored