Sponsored

[Going to 37s] How’s this setup looking??

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I have a 2.5" MC lift with 37s (D-rated KM3s). You can likely run the 37s without a lift, at least around town. 3.5" is more than enough to clear everything, though as you mention, the backspacing may not be ideal. If you're going to wheel it, I'd try to get wheels with appropriate backspace and stay away from spacers. They're just one more thing to fail, come loose, or out of balance.

I'd also recommend away from KO2s (unless of course you've had positive experiences with them). I've had 3 sets of different sizes on 3 Jeeps over a lot of miles and there are better options now. Falken Wildpeak A/T3W were a big improvement in wet, snow, mud, highway, and noise on my last WK2 diesel.

You should be fine on the rest of the running gear after the front driveshaft change. I haven't felt the need to regear after 22k+ miles & a lot of wheeling with this setup. If anything I'd only want a 4.10 & that doesn't justify it. 39s or 40s yes, but I'd also want/need to beef everything else up at that point, too. Do it when you get there.

Your shocks will be the limit of your down-travel. You may want to consider limit straps for the front axle if you wheel with a lot of articulation. Our diesels have an absurdly limited amount of up-travel at the front already, so finding the right bump-stop setup for fender clearance is key. Softer, extended bumpstops from MetalCloak, Teraflex, etc are a cheap way to get a little extra compliance and soften the bottoming out. Fancy IPF/air ones from Fox, King, etc are another, though much pricier option.

Have fun with the build! Looks like it will be great!
Sponsored

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

I have a 2.5" MC lift with 37s (D-rated KM3s). You can likely run the 37s without a lift, at least around town. 3.5" is more than enough to clear everything, though as you mention, the backspacing may not be ideal. If you're going to wheel it, I'd try to get wheels with appropriate backspace and stay away from spacers. They're just one more thing to fail, come loose, or out of balance.

I'd also recommend away from KO2s (unless of course you've had positive experiences with them). I've had 3 sets of different sizes on 3 Jeeps over a lot of miles and there are better options now. Falken Wildpeak A/T3W were a big improvement in wet, snow, mud, highway, and noise on my last WK2 diesel.

You should be fine on the rest of the running gear after the front driveshaft change. I haven't felt the need to regear after 22k+ miles & a lot of wheeling with this setup. If anything I'd only want a 4.10 & that doesn't justify it. 39s or 40s yes, but I'd also want/need to beef everything else up at that point, too. Do it when you get there.

Your shocks will be the limit of your down-travel. You may want to consider limit straps for the front axle if you wheel with a lot of articulation. Our diesels have an absurdly limited amount of up-travel at the front already, so finding the right bump-stop setup for fender clearance is key. Softer, extended bumpstops from MetalCloak, Teraflex, etc are a cheap way to get a little extra compliance and soften the bottoming out. Fancy IPF/air ones from Fox, King, etc are another, though much pricier option.

Have fun with the build! Looks like it will be great!
Do your KM3's on the nomads(assuming you still have those) rub at all? Stock inner fenders?

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Stock inner fenders, though I did zip-tie the center of the front fenders to the top of the spring perch to keep them in place.

Very slight rub on the inside of the outer lip on the top of the front fender at full stuff. Doesn't make noise but I see a small point of contact after flexy trails. I think I only have 1" bump stop spacer in front (and MC "durospring" bump stops). I'll trade the slight and rare rub at full flex for having another 1" of up-travel.

Rear did rub on the lowest plastic inner fender extension at the rear (covers the front of the bumper area) but that was easy to remove and haven't had other rubbing, even with the supports still installed. I think I have 2" of bump stop extension in the rear.
Sponsored