Sponsored

[Going to 37s] How’s this setup looking??

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
Hey guys, just wanted to get some input. I’ve decided to run 37s and maybe 40s in the future on my JLURD.

I just spend over $9k because I want to do it right, so I’m hoping I didn’t forget anything.

Here’s a list of stuff I have on the way:
  • 3.5” Rock Krawler X Factor No Limits mid arm kit
    • This kit comes with the following:
      • Front / rear coil springs
      • Front / rear adjustable track bar
      • Front / rear upper & lower control arms
  • Fox Performance 2.0 IFP shocks
  • Fox Performance 2.0 through shaft steering stabilizer
  • Rock Krawler adjustable front bump stops
  • Adams extreme duty series 1350 front drive shaft
  • Steer smarts yeti xd long tie rod assembly
  • Steer smarts yeti xd bottom mount drag link
  • Teraflex Alpha hinged spare tire carrier & mounting kit
  • Method 307 17x8.5 wheels
I’ll probably go with KO2s, but I’m undecided between the class c or class d. I like the class d because it sounds like they’d be more resistant to punctures from rocks when crawling since they have an extra layer on the sidewall.

But the reason I posted this is to get some advice from somebody running 37s+, I’ve read a few articles and watched a bunch of videos on how to do this right and think I’ve got everything.

I’ll upgrade the ball joints and cv joints, and possibly the rear drive shaft. I still have stock Dana 44 axles and I’ll change those if/when my driveshaft can no longer handle it.

Any and all advice welcome and appreciated!
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I have the Mopar lift with 37 KO2's (D rate letters out) and a GDE tune butno other mechanical changes. I've done some light wheeling and I am very happy with setup. I don't believe that I need a regear with this setup.

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I have the Mopar lift with 37 KO2's (D rate letters out) and a GDE tune butno other mechanical changes. I've done some light wheeling and I am very happy with setup. I don't believe that I need a regear with this setup.
I considered going 35s with no lift for a while but with the wheeling I have done, I felt a little more clearance wouldn’t have hurt.
Instead of going lift + 35s I figured I’d go all the way. I’ve convinced myself I’m keeping this rig long after it’s paid off so I figure I might as well go straight to how I want it rather than buy 35s and have to spend more money for 37s in the future.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
There are too many people running spacer lifts on stock everything else and 37s, I wouldn't stress it. Replace when the parts wear out or you go 40s.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I’d recommend looking for rims that have a replaceable ring too. The Method rims all look great, but they’re going to get trashed just the same. I think their beadlock rims are 3.75” backspacing which seem like a lot. Idk I’m having a time looking for the right rim for my Jeep.

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
There are too many people running spacer lifts on stock everything else and 37s, I wouldn't stress it. Replace when the parts wear out or you go 40s.
Those were my thoughts too. People get by doing a lot less so I’ll just cross that bridge when it comes

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I’d recommend looking for rims that have a replaceable ring too. The Method rims all look great, but they’re going to get trashed just the same. I think their beadlock rims are 3.75” backspacing which seem like a lot. Idk I’m having a time looking for the right rim for my Jeep.
I looked a lot, I want something rugged looking and simple. I’m not much into flashy, and I steered clear of headlock due to the extra weight. The methods I ordered have 4.75” of backspacing so I’m probably going to have to put a spacer, which I was trying to avoid

Sponsored

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

As of now I hadn't planned for anything. Do you have any that you'd recommend?
I dont. Once my stock tires are toast I'm planning to go to 37s, and inner fenders were one of the things on my list. Last week my JL decided it wasn't happy we were leaving moab, so it ate the driver inner fender. I've been looking at motobilt. Genright, AAL, Rustys, Artec, Fishbone, Metalcloak, Skull Krusher. However, having the diesel I need to figure out the windshield washer relocation first..

I like the quick release idea of AAL but have heard they rattle a lot from one person.

What I'd really like to do is scan a variety of manufacturers and overlay to see which ones provide the most tire clearance.

OP
OP
jlandry287

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I dont. Once my stock tires are toast I'm planning to go to 37s, and inner fenders were one of the things on my list. Last week my JL decided it wasn't happy we were leaving moab, so it ate the driver inner fender. I've been looking at motobilt. Genright, AAL, Rustys, Artec, Fishbone, Metalcloak, Skull Krusher. However, having the diesel I need to figure out the windshield washer relocation first..

I like the quick release idea of AAL but have heard they rattle a lot from one person.

What I'd really like to do is scan a variety of manufacturers and overlay to see which ones provide the most tire clearance.
I did see these when I was looking:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/fenders/jl5113-artec-industries-front-inner-fenders-vented

They're made for a 3.0 and mention only needing to relocate the washer reservoir if using tires larger than 37" (if i read that correctly)

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Last edited:

memayo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU, 2023 JLURD
I just put the 37 bfg KO2 Cs (aev salta xr wheels) on my JLURD w/ the 2.5" AEV lift. Also did the teraflex alpha hd carrier/mount kit, yeti XD front track bar & aev/bilstein steering stablizer. I have the 37" bfg KO2 Ds on my raptor and will prob go w/ the Cs next to improve ride even more. I was also considering the 38x12.50 C nitto ridge grapplers but dont plan on regearing so didn't know if that would have been too much.
Sponsored

Last edited: