Sponsored

Going through car wash with one touch top?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What’s the general consensus? Will it damage or wear poorly? I read somewhere (maybe on this forum ) that some of the seals might damage? I pretty particular that the black color stay black for as long as possible.
Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Touchless, yes.. I wouldn't think there'd be any issues unless you already have leaks.
I have pressure washed without issues, but I generally scrub the top (on a ladder) with a soft brush and car soap.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
It all depends on the carwash type. Imagine if you could put your hand on top of the roof, how would your hand fare?
Where I am, they use the big canvas like 3" wide straps that slowly drag over the roof. I would rather have that on my hand than a high pressured jet stream or a flailing brush.
Some purist would never let their jeep hit a car wash.
I really don't care, because I will take through and over some really wild brush. The car wash brushes do not compare to mother nature's sage brush.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I wouldn't... I'd do the manual pressure washers only.

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I have no problem taking it through the car wash. And have a number of times, with no issues. Over the couse of a number of years, I'm sure there will be fading and wear issues.

Remeber those relatives that put heavy plastic on their couches to preserve them? The couches were almost unusable and if they ever took the plastic off, were likely out of date anyway. I bought my jeep to use and while i'd like to keep it nice, I'm not going to baby it.

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I just hate all the waxes and rain X crap they have in them...then they just basically blast them on at that same time and the windshield ends of being streaky in rain.

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
I take mine through all the time without issue. No leaks and I ceramic coat the paint once a year.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
What’s the general consensus? Will it damage or wear poorly? I read somewhere (maybe on this forum ) that some of the seals might damage? I pretty particular that the black color stay black for as long as possible.
Have taken my current and a previous sky one touch topped Wranglers through the automatic washers many times, no issues with either one.
Sponsored