Going on vacation and looking for wheeling spots

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Guys taking some time off next week with the Mrs. And want to take our Jeep wheeling after all our mods. Looked at Nantucket a d even bought the pass but had no clue it would be so hard to get over on the ferry. Its all booked up all week. They said we could wait on standby but there’s no guarantee that we can get there. Also even if we do get there we may not be able to get home in the timeframe we have. We were looking at maybe cap cod or New Hampshire but really don’t know any good places we can go with the Jeep to play. Any idea‘s or advic would be a huge help. We don’t want to drive all that way and be stuck on the roads. We don’t really care if its beach or woods. Just nothing too crazy because we’re still waiting to get our winch on.
Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

If you come down south a little bit, PA has Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA), Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, and Famous Reading Outdoors all within about an hour drive from each other. A bunch of people from the Mid-Atlantic forum wheel at these places and are usually available to meet up for a ride. Also, travel restrictions have been lifted, bars are open, and restaurants are at 75% capacity.

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker
On Cape we have a few places (beaches) like National Sea Shore and Sandy Neck. I’ve not been on them yet as I’m still waiting for delivery of my Jeep but I know a few forum members go out there. They sell week passes to both when they’re open.

beyond that I’m not knowledgeable enough about Southern Mass to advise. usuing Dr. google hasn’t yielded much beyond dirt bike and hiking trails. Good luck.

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
If you come down south a little bit, PA has Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA), Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, and Famous Reading Outdoors all within about an hour drive from each other. A bunch of people from the Mid-Atlantic forum wheel at these places and are usually available to meet up for a ride. Also, travel restrictions have been lifted, bars are open, and restaurants are at 75% capacity.
I was looking at Rausch Creek but you need at least two jeeps to run it, Any idea if the other places are like that?

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
On Cape we have a few places (beaches) like National Sea Shore and Sandy Neck. I’ve not been on them yet as I’m still waiting for delivery of my Jeep but I know a few forum members go out there. They sell week passes to both when they’re open.

beyond that I’m not knowledgeable enough about Southern Mass to advise. usuing Dr. google hasn’t yielded much beyond dirt bike and hiking trails. Good luck.
I'll have to look to see if their open. Really hoping to get out for a while and enjoy the jeep and time away from work. thanks very much for the response!

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I was looking at Rausch Creek but you need at least two jeeps to run it, Any idea if the other places are like that?
RC is like that and I am not sure about the others. Check out Off-road Consulting (https://offroad-consulting.com/). They have group rides at all three parks, and they have training classes as well. I took the 101 class at RC last year and it was awesome. They charge $35 plus park fees for the group trail rides and separate them by color, so you don't have to worry about going on trails that are too easy or too tough for your rig.

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
RC is like that and I am not sure about the others. Check out Off-road Consulting (https://offroad-consulting.com/). They have group rides at all three parks, and they have training classes as well. I took the 101 class at RC last year and it was awesome. They charge $35 plus park fees for the group trail rides and separate them by color, so you don't have to worry about going on trails that are too easy or too tough for your rig.
Nice! Yes I sent them an email last night and hoping to hear back. I was just looking at reading woods and Wow it looks real cool

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
in VT and NH there are tons of what they call class 4 and class 6 roads (respectfully) which are public roads that are no longer maintained. But currently it is mud season up there so many of those roads are closed right now.

Pretty much all of MA, RI, CT is private land and do not allow Jeeps on public lands minus a few town beaches and the national seashore. If you really want to get into off roading i would suggest you hook up with a club that is part of the NEA4WD as you will gain access to many private land and groups of knowledgeable people.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
We wound up going to Race Beach. We got the second permit of the year. there wasn’t much open due the the tides and birds but it was still fun to get out there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Going on vacation and looking for wheeling spots EE30E6C6-2EDB-4A1E-98E8-F004B064DA7A
Jeep Wrangler JL Going on vacation and looking for wheeling spots DF21B4B8-A5CE-4030-9B4F-E8F07B672DF7

Last edited:

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Just got my pass in the mail over the weekend. Can't wait for a nice beach day out there. Had a blast with the family last year.

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Just got my pass in the mail over the weekend. Can't wait for a nice beach day out there. Had a blast with the family last year.
Nice! Yeah it was fun for sure. I'm planning on taking my Mrs. to the Outer Banks in the Fall, I hear they have a ton of beach to drive on.

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
It's a shame you missed out on Nantucket. Absolutely amazing there. I took my Raptor out to Great Point a few years back before I owned my Jeep. One of the best beaches I've ever been to

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
It's a shame you missed out on Nantucket. Absolutely amazing there. I took my Raptor out to Great Point a few years back before I owned my Jeep. One of the best beaches I've ever been to
Yeah for sure. I guess we'll need to plan that one way in advance. they ferry was book up for like two months when I looked at it.
Sponsored