Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah for sure. I guess we'll need to plan that one way in advance. they ferry was book up for like two months when I looked at it.
Nantucket is a great time! I lived there for several summers and a few winters for work and used to wheel all the beaches back in the day. The fishing is great and the scenery isn't bad either. If you go north check out Jericho mountain state part in NH. It is the only Badge of Honor trail in the Northeast.

https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/jericho-mountain-state-park

https://www.whitemountainjeeps.com/annual-jeep-invasion-white-mountains-nh/
Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
^^ Well Jericho looked cool right up till I got to the spot where it said "winch required". :(

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Well Jericho looked cool right up till I got to the spot where it said "winch required". :(
Hmmmm, I don’t remember seeing that. We went during the NH Jeep Invasion rally. I have a winch so maybe I didn’t pay attention to it. But the other Jeeps that I was with were totally stock (two had aftermarket tires). We never used my winch, but we did have to use a tow strap in a few spots. The green trails are easily doable just by picking the right lines.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
Jericho Mountain State Park 4x4 Off Road Trail
This is the first 4x4 Jeep/Truck trail, on public lands, in the Northeast! The trail is 2.5 miles long and is estimated to take 3.5-5 hours to complete. Vehicles enter through the main parking area at the Visitor Center on Jericho Lake Road. Cost is $20 per vehicle (up to 2 occupants) and $4 for each additional person. Vehicles are required to have a winch, modified tires and other modifications.

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
We never used my winch, but we did have to use a tow strap in a few spots. The green trails are easily doable just by picking the right lines.
I'm interested in camping at Jericho with a friend and doing the trails but neither of us has a winch and we're beginner offroaders. I have stock '21 JLUR and he has stock JKU Sahara.

Would the green trails be easy enough for us?

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in camping at Jericho with a friend and doing the trails but neither of us has a winch and we're beginner offroaders. I have stock '21 JLUR and he has stock JKU Sahara.

Would the green trails be easy enough for us?
It shouldn't be a problem. We had a stock Sahara with us. She got hung up once or twice but no big deal, just a matter of picking a better line. Someone originally told her to straddle rocks and obstacles... she didn't have the clearance for that. Once she started putting a tire on them she was good to go. It was also a wet day that we did it so it was a bit slippery. When they do big Jeep event in the fall they let you go on the very easy UTV trails up to the windmill etc. That is a great event to go to. That is also when we decided to do the actual Jeep only trails at Jericho.
Sponsored