Sponsored

GOING NUTS! JLUR Which Lift with 37's

Shodan01

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR (Mine), '66 Bronco U13 (Hers), '66 Mustang Fastback (Mine), '18 Audi S8 Plus (Mine), '18 Audi RS7 (Hers)
Just brought home my Granite JLU Rubi and already have wheels and 37's that will be here next week. Have a couple grand of accessories to go on at the same time that should be here in the next 3-4 days.

I had a JK with the AEV 3.5 inch suspension and loved the ride quality and ability off road.

My goals are to preserve the ride quality, yet also have good offroad capabilities. This is NOT a daily driver, but I do like to drive often.

ANY PICS WOULD BE HELPFUL. I dont want too much space in the wells, have seen a few forum threads with various 37's on it, but some weren't Rubicons, so hard to tell.

Had decided on the Mopar lift, but my dealer says they are backordered....

THOUGHTS?
Sponsored

Amric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubicon, 2018 JL Rubicon
I am running 37s with the Mopar 2” lift. No rubbing so far, but have not flexed it out yet. Ride N the street is great with the Fox shocks.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Rubicon with 37’s and a 2.5” lift....

508B20BA-D66C-462B-990E-B690CE96CE82.jpeg

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
That’s a a spacer kit, but the RK 2.5” Flex that I ordered should be here within a week or so.

Thank you!

Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Just brought home my Granite JLU Rubi and already have wheels and 37's that will be here next week. Have a couple grand of accessories to go on at the same time that should be here in the next 3-4 days.

I had a JK with the AEV 3.5 inch suspension and loved the ride quality and ability off road.

My goals are to preserve the ride quality, yet also have good offroad capabilities. This is NOT a daily driver, but I do like to drive often.

ANY PICS WOULD BE HELPFUL. I dont want too much space in the wells, have seen a few forum threads with various 37's on it, but some weren't Rubicons, so hard to tell.

Had decided on the Mopar lift, but my dealer says they are backordered....

THOUGHTS?
Mopar spring rates are not that far from stock, so it's going to ride similarly to stock only better with the Fox shocks. Most of the other "spring" kits are probably going to ride a bit firmer until some extra weight is added, like skid plates, winch and other armor that will bring the ride quality back in.

So how much weight are you going to add?

Also, not many kits out today have shocks available. The Fox in the Mopar kit are supposed to be out in about a month separately. Fabtech has their 3" kit out with Dirt Logic shocks. But you will want some adjustable front lower control arms to adjust caster that aren't included in their kit. You could add Kings to the Rock Krawler kit and it would be glorious, but that's over $4300...

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4
https://offroadwarehouse.com/i-2304...it.html#!model=WRANGLER||make=JEEP||year=2018

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Mopar spring rates are not that far from stock, so it's going to ride similarly to stock only better with the Fox shocks. Most of the other "spring" kits are probably going to ride a bit firmer until some extra weight is added, like skid plates, winch and other armor that will bring the ride quality back in.

So how much weight are you going to add?

Also, not many kits out today have shocks available. The Fox in the Mopar kit are supposed to be out in about a month separately. Fabtech has their 3" kit out with Dirt Logic shocks. But you will want some adjustable front lower control arms to adjust caster that aren't included in their kit. You could add Kings to the Rock Krawler kit and it would be glorious, but that's over $4300...

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4
https://offroadwarehouse.com/i-23040116-king-2-5-performance-shocks-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-complete-kit.html#!model=WRANGLER||make=JEEP||year=2018
How do you think the RK Flex kit would pair with the Fox shocks when they come out solo?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
3.5" lift and 37x13.50r17's
I was unable to fully stuff my wheels/tires with a 2.5" lift(bumpstops height.) The 3.5" lift came with 3" bumpstops which is perfect for keeping my tires out of the fenders.
DSC_1018.jpg

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
3.5" lift and 37x13.50r17's
I was unable to fully stuff my wheels/tires with a 2.5" lift(bumpstops height.) The 3.5" lift came with 3" bumpstops which is perfect for keeping my tires out of the fenders.
DSC_1018.jpg
Which lift is that?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Which lift is that?
It's a frankenlift... Skyjacker 3.5-4" springs/shocks. RC front track bar, ROAM rear track bar, and ROAM long arm kit going on this week(If I have the time.)

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
How do you think the RK Flex kit would pair with the Fox shocks when they come out solo?
It's just an opinion at this point, but I think it will be pretty good. The RK springs will most assuredly have higher rates than the Mopar springs, but their multi-rate design usually provides a nice ride. I don't expect the JL to be any different.

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
It's a frankenlift... Skyjacker 3.5-4" springs/shocks. RC front track bar, ROAM rear track bar, and ROAM long arm kit going on this week(If I have the time.)
I was looking into this lift kit, are the cam bolts enough to fix caster? or is that the reason why you’re getting the long arm kit?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking into this lift kit, are the cam bolts enough to fix caster? or is that the reason why you’re getting the long arm kit?
While they may be enough to fix caster, I would never cut into the lowest part of the Jeep. I always installed control arm skids on my JKs due to the mounts always hitting rocks. I can only imagine what would have happened to the mounts or alignment when I go out crawling with them.
The long arm kit will take care of the alignment issues.
If you are looking at this kit Skyjacker informed me that they were offering adjustable arms separate from the kit. Rusty's also has a set of affordable adjustable arms.:like:

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a a spacer kit, but the RK 2.5” Flex that I ordered should be here within a week or so.

Thank you!
Thanks for the info! I had looked up that lift and it has recommended shock lengths. I don’t know the specs on the stock rubi shocks. Think it’s possible to use that lift in conjunction with the factory shocks until those Fox’s come out separately? Looking into doing that before I pull the trigger on an EVO spacer.
Sponsored