Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Hey guys, just wanted to post this and show what I'm doing as well as to solicit some ideas from others. The Surf Blue, while not bad, doesn't give that pop that I get with orange. Especially on a Granite Crystal paint job. First, I removed the Rubicon lettering and the matte and blue 4xe hood vinyl, and lastly the blue outlined Wrangler Unlimited. I'd really like to find a Trail Rated badge that has orange where ours is blue. The Gladiator Mojave would be perfect but it says Desert Rated. I probably could use the Mojave Jeep logo though because I think it sits in an orange trim. Now I need to find orange tow hooks. I will probably just pull the bumper off to get to them so I can sand and paint them. If it comes down to it I can always Plasti-dip the badge and Jeep text black like I did on my last Jeep. I'll probably Plasti-dip my keyholes and antenna, too.

Thoughts?

PXL_20220418_234119721.jpg

PXL_20220419_190952323.jpg

PXL_20220420_005914884.jpg

IMG_20220419_153202_01.jpg
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Here's your black/orange trail rated badge.

Have you considered popping the 'e' off of your tailgate, painting it orange, and slapping it into the 'e' shaped crevasse on the charge port?

They also sell orange charge port trim pieces (it comes as two separate pieces, so you can play with just using the border piece or doing the whole thing).

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
That’s really cool.

I’ve got a thing for black and yellow (see avatar), but can definitely appreciate black and orange.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Here it is. They're called Distinction Applied and do all sorts of custom painting for interior and exterior trim.
Have you used them or know someone who has? They also do grille trim in factory colors. I was just curious of how close the paint matches.

Sponsored

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
That looks great. Love the idea of the orange for the charge port e...
Ideas:
-grill, either the trim or the actual grid pieces...fender vents can be matched. one of our original ideas was doing just the grid and adding phosphorescent so it looked like the engine glowed
-foglight surrounds or push bumpers or towhooks
-dash maybe in Granite w/electric pinstripe, like in your hood decal...steering wheel and bezel
-rear taillight cage
-radio dial covers

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I got some dash panels for Distinction Applied, I was not impressed. For the money, just get a local painter.

UPDATE: Got an email and then a call from the owner (Brian) after I responded with the details of what I felt was wrong with my dash panels. I will just say I was blown away that he would take the time to make a personal call, describe the business and their customer service approach, and how he could make it right. Honestly, the fix was above and beyond and I'm just more thrilled with engagement. Brian takes the quality of his work very seriously and customer service is tops in their business model. Color me impressed (no pun intended).

Last edited:

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Have you used them or know someone who has? They also do grille trim in factory colors. I was just curious of how close the paint matches.
I have not, so don't know their quality. I just recently found them.

I got some dash panels for Distinction Applied, I was not impressed. For the money, just get a local painter.
That sucks to hear but thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored