Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I appreciate it, but I'm not worried about college kids in tight pants.
I went to Austin for a work trip and while I was downtown at the bar scene i must have seen the same dude 58 times! Skinny jeans, hiking boots, tight t-shirt, beanie hat, beard...

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I went to Austin for a work trip and while I was downtown at the bar scene i must have seen the same dude 58 times! Skinny jeans, hiking boots, tight t-shirt, beanie hat, beard...
Thankfully, they tend to congregate downtown on 6th Street. The real grown-ups know to go to 4th Street or to the Domain, about 20min North of downtown.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Here's your black/orange trail rated badge.

Have you considered popping the 'e' off of your tailgate, painting it orange, and slapping it into the 'e' shaped crevasse on the charge port?

They also sell orange charge port trim pieces (it comes as two separate pieces, so you can play with just using the border piece or doing the whole thing).
I've seen people do that. Is that where they're getting the "e" from, their tailgate? Is there a way that I could get just the "e"? For that matter, I also need to get a "4xe" badge with orange trim to get rid of the blue. Does the lettering just sit in the outer frame? Wonder if I could remove the lettering and paint the outline frame part.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Looks great! I'm personally not a fan of the blue either, so I've been searching for threads like these on how to essentially replace all the blues. Do you also have pictures of the side decals with the Jeep logo? The 22 Sahara comes with a Jeep logo that has blue trim and I'm trying to figure out how to replace that
@deadbolt I do have Wrangler Unlimited in black with orange outline. I am going to have to work on the Jeep letters this weekend, so they haven't been done yet.

Sponsored

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I've seen people do that. Is that where they're getting the "e" from, their tailgate? Is there a way that I could get just the "e"? For that matter, I also need to get a "4xe" badge with orange trim to get rid of the blue. Does the lettering just sit in the outer frame? Wonder if I could remove the lettering and paint the outline frame part.
Some do, but I believe you can order extra letters from Mopar (I don't have the exact part #s).

As far as the lettering (or badges as they are more commonly referred) they are just stuck on the outside frame with very strong adhesive. There's plenty of videos detailing how to remove them yourself, but I had mine taken off professionally — I believe they mentioned using a combination of things including steam to get them off cleanly.

jlaliberty

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being Built - 2022 Rubicon XR
wow! very impressed, you could sell those!
well to be honest, i asked where they got them, and they said "I made them".. should have said, I custom ordered them from the vendor. lol 🙄

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
well to be honest, i asked where they got them, and they said "I made them".. should have said, I custom ordered them from the vendor. lol 🙄
The guy who answered you in post #23 is the guy that actually made them. He replied through his vendor account @pixeldecals 😉

Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Oh man, the Plasti-dip with glossifier looked really good on the keyholes and the black on the antenna was awesome. mythreedom.com makes keyhole covers that just pop on. I'll see if I can find a picture of my old Jeep after i did it there.
lmao…I have no idea why, but I thought you meant you were going to plastidip those things orange.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You forgot the vest and the thick framed glasses. Throw in a vape just for fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
You forgot the vest and the thick framaed glasses. Throw in a vape just for fun.
Dude, you've seen that guy too? He must be everywhere! Honestly, it did look weird that so many guys were coordinating their dress.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
They are everywhere. If they have money they drive a Tesla or an old Land Rover Defender with $100k put into it. If they don't, they drive and old 4 door square Volvo or Mercedes.

They don't really bother me though, because most of them are very passive. And most aren't bad guys once you talk to them. Just a sign of the times. A few are true douches with a bitchy attitude though, not masculine enough to be an asshole. Every group has it's posers.

Oh yeah, we're talking about an orange trimmed 4Xe. For those new to the thread, we are not throwing the 4Xe or the OP into this category, just got side tracked here.