Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
You're from College Station AND you like the orange?!

Isn't there some law against liking orange within 100 sq miles of A&M? 😁
Dude, I was thinking the same thing! That's like someone in Auburn liking Crimson! LOL
Sponsored

deadbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Looks great! I'm personally not a fan of the blue either, so I've been searching for threads like these on how to essentially replace all the blues. Do you also have pictures of the side decals with the Jeep logo? The 22 Sahara comes with a Jeep logo that has blue trim and I'm trying to figure out how to replace that

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I can dig it… I honestly love the surf blue on mine but the orange looks really good too. But I definitely don’t like the key hole and antenna idea. I think that would be going overboard and cheapen the overall look of the Jeep. Keep it simple and clean :)

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I can dig it… I honestly love the surf blue on mine but the orange looks really good too. But I definitely don’t like the key hole and antenna idea. I think that would be going overboard and cheapen the overall look of the Jeep. Keep it simple and clean :)
Oh man, the Plasti-dip with glossifier looked really good on the keyholes and the black on the antenna was awesome. mythreedom.com makes keyhole covers that just pop on. I'll see if I can find a picture of my old Jeep after i did it there.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Going from Surf Blue to Orange themed 4xe - Updated with pics Jeep (old)

The Plasti-Dip just adds a matte look to the badges and Jeep logo to get rid of the shininess of the chrome. I really liked it on my black Jeep.

Sponsored

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Love it! This is the first jeep I didn't name Blue w/ red trim. I just havent found one with 72k miles I don't know if I will find a name for this one.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
You're from College Station AND you like the orange?!

Isn't there some law against liking orange within 100 sq miles of A&M? 😁
I get crap for mine occasionally. "Wrong town for that color!" yelled at me as I'm driving down Texas. But mostly compliments. What can I say, I watched too much Dukes of Hazzard as a kid.

IMG_20210619_193339_344.jpg

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I get crap for mine occasionally. "Wrong town for that color!" yelled at me as I'm driving down Texas. But mostly compliments. What can I say, I watched too much Dukes of Hazzard as a kid.

Jeep Wrangler JL Going from Surf Blue to Orange themed 4xe - Updated with pics IMG_20210619_193339_344
Looks really nice. Guess that's Sam Houston? And are those 37's?

Sponsored

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys, just wanted to post this and show what I'm doing as well as to solicit some ideas from others. The Surf Blue, while not bad, doesn't give that pop that I get with orange. Especially on a Granite Crystal paint job. First, I removed the Rubicon lettering and the matte and blue 4xe hood vinyl, and lastly the blue outlined Wrangler Unlimited. I'd really like to find a Trail Rated badge that has orange where ours is blue. The Gladiator Mojave would be perfect but it says Desert Rated. I probably could use the Mojave Jeep logo though because I think it sits in an orange trim. Now I need to find orange tow hooks. I will probably just pull the bumper off to get to them so I can sand and paint them. If it comes down to it I can always Plasti-dip the badge and Jeep text black like I did on my last Jeep. I'll probably Plasti-dip my keyholes and antenna, too.

Thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL Going from Surf Blue to Orange themed 4xe - Updated with pics IMG_20210619_193339_344

I think the orange looks killer on the Granite Crystal. And @pixeldecals was on point with the graphics.
Good job

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I dig it! But, there's definitely a list in that town for "If The Purge Ever Becomes Reality" with your name right up near the top...

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I dig it! But, there's definitely a list in that town for "If The Purge Ever Becomes Reality" with your name right up near the top...
He's on my protect in case of purge list because I too loved Dukes of Hazard! :devil:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It's funny because I love that damn school too. I just like orange. But maroon is a good color too. I tried to convince my better half that she needed a snazzberry Diesel gladiator. She did not think that it would be the ideal vehicle for driving back and forth to Houston daily...
Sponsored