Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i see lots of threads for going from halogen to led but not the opposite. i picked up a set of rubi fenders which have led lights. i have a sport and plan to keep it all halogen. not looking to replace all the lights. the halogens work fine for me.

that being said, i currently have a fender off the jeep, so i can install 35s. going wheeling tomorrow so i need to get this done.

if install the fenders/inner liners, can i swap the lights out afterwards? or do i have to pull the fenders off the jeep again. id hate to do that and risk breaking more clips... now that i think about it, i think id have to at least pull the inner fender liner so i can run wiring to the harness.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

why not just run it like it is with the led fender lights?

brett
i dont have the wiring from the light to the harness and i ordered a JL Lite. so id have to purchase the wiring i need and upgrade to the Tazer mini. a couple of hundred more $. already spent way too much this past week. and then.... i have non matching lights.

on another note, its impossible to remove the rear fenders without breaking every. single. christmas tree fastener.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You can't realistically do that swap without a significant teardown. It is perhaps more expensive but equally or less difficult to just replace the whole fender with halogen highline fenders.

79cj7 2020 willys

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 cj7, 2020 willys 2 door
You can't realistically do that swap without a significant teardown. It is perhaps more expensive but equally or less difficult to just replace the whole fender with halogen highline fenders.
U cannot do this.. I tried.. the replacement fenders with LED lights don’t work.. they have multiple problems when vehicle is on.. u can however add led tail lights and it fixes problem... for some reason

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
U cannot do this.. I tried.. the replacement fenders with LED lights don’t work.. they have multiple problems when vehicle is on.. u can however add led tail lights and it fixes problem... for some reason
you have to update the software.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Yes you can, multiple people (including myself) have. You need to program the Jeep to run LED's.
Sponsored