Going from 2-door to 4-door?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have a 2 door and I love it! The turning circle is better than my wife's 4 door Mini Cooper! One day l needed extra space so I rented a box trailer for a day,
Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite JL to drive is the JLR two door. In fact I may just trade in 18 JLUR for a JT for the bed as my JLUR was going to be the truck....

Just do the pros cons as to number of passages at one time and if you doing off road. For me I have found the folks in back get blown away with to much wind and the two upfront riders are just fine. In my case it is a dog and grand daughter most of the time going Jeeping or biking.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If you are planning to get a 4-door just to get the diesel...you don't really have to. Either gas motor works awesome with the new 8-speed automatic. Compared to JK, even the same 3.6 V6 feels peppier, more responsive and more refined.

Good luck.
Thanks for the input. Freud would have a field day with this, but I always try to buy the most powerful powerplant that is offered in any given vehicle. For years there was no alternatives within the Wrangler family (the 3.6 and the 2.0T are essentially even), but now there is a formidable choice available.

Ryder

First Name
Dian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sahara 2019
I've had several 2 doors and finally traded for a 4 door. The only thing I noticed was a little bit longer stopping distance but that could have been the new brakes. My 2 doors always had the seat out so it's nice to be able to take along more than one friend.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
First I had a CJ then a TJ, now a JLUR, so far don’t miss the 2 door versions, but must admit until I put the lift and larger tires on her, I bottomed out a lot when off reading.

Test them both out and pick the one that suits you the best.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't think the OP will be happy trading 2 door maneuverability away for the diesel.

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I've owned four JKs - all 2-doors. I'm about to (somewhat reluctantly) order my first 4-door, basically to get the diesel engine. Any thoughts from those who've "added doors"? Is the extra wheelbase unwieldy? Passenger capacity is a non-issue - I don't even run a back seat in my 2-door.

But...I'm itching to feel that torque.
April 2019 I went from a 2 door JK (2007) to a JLU Sport S and It's taking me a little bit to "like" it. Love the 2 door and how it handled, but I like the extra room in the 4 door - we have 3 grandchildren and 2 of them ride in the back seat. Couldn't do that before since we took the back seat out almost immediately after we bought it.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Couldn't do that before since we took the back seat out almost immediately after we bought it.
lol. Do ANY of us 2-door owners run a back seat? I always take mine out after I pull it into the garage for the first time.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
lol. Do ANY of us 2-door owners run a back seat? I always take mine out after I pull it into the garage for the first time.
I drove mine home from the dealer and removed the back seat. It sits in the corner of a spare room, never seen a butt.

one good thing about a grown kid, the virus, and being anti-social. Most people the Jeep will ever see is 2 ( me and the wife - and she actually said “no 4-door”) :)

Sponsored

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
2 door has a shorter wheelbase so it will go over a hill easier, everyone knows that. However 4 door's weight and longer wheelbase allows it to get out of holes, ditches and moderate mud easier.

my 2 cents for anyone that likes to go off the beaten path if this is a factor in deciding.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Ahem... *putting on my fake glasses and imitate my Marketing Professor McGillycuddly*

Class... today we shall talk about Post Purchase Dissonance. Post Purchase Dissonance, commonly referred to as “buyer’s remorse,” is not a new concept by any means. It takes the old theory of Cognitive Dissonance, the feeling that results from holding two conflicting beliefs, and applies it to a retail setting. As people we seek consistency between our beliefs and perceptions, and a pronounced feeling of discomfort occurs when this is compromised.

When such a discrepancy occurs, something must be changed to eliminate, or at least reduce, the dissonance. Oftentimes this translates to avoiding situations that are likely to cause dissonance.

Lets focus on this case where our friend here buying a JLU after driving the fun and ultra flexible 2 doors jeep. Let me highlight the sign of PPD.

This buyer quoted -

"I like the extra room when you need it unexpectedly plus I feel safer towing with the longer and heavier Jeep. It's grown on me now where I personally think the 4 door Jeeps look better than the 2 doors."

Ahem.... having said that - There are several major ways in which the consumer strives to reduce dissonance. He may (1) change his evaluation of the alternative (2) seek new information to support his choice or (3) change his attitudes. All three actually applied to this case study.

One of the ways consumers seek to reduce dissonance is to reevaluate product alternatives. This is accomplished by the consumers enhancing the attributes of the products selected while decreasing the importance of the unselected products attributes. That is, consumers seek to polarize alternatives in order to reduce their dissonance i.e. (extra room when you need it unexpectedly plus I feel safer )

Another approach to reducing dissonance is for the consumer to reevaluate product alternatives to view them as being more alike than was thought at the purchase stage that is, to establish or imagine that cognitive overlap exists (nooooooh!!! your new JLU still cannot do a K turn as easily as 2 doors. You have to turn stop reverse turn again and zoom off). As a result of viewing the alternatives as essentially the same, it makes little difference which one is chosen hence, little dissonance would be experienced.

In addition, selective retention may operate to allow the consumer to forget positive features of the unselected alternative and negative features of the chosen product while remembering negative attributes of the chosen item along with favorable features of the chosen alternative.( I personally think the 4 door Jeeps look better than the 2 doors.")

SORRY IF I TROLLED YOU. I JUST JOINED THIS FORUM - THE PEOPLE FROM TWO DOORS JEEP ENCOURAGED ME TO MAKE FUN OF JLUs!!!!! ITS THEIR FAULT.

However, I looooooove my two doors Jeep anyway.

52054.png

Please no hard feeling - I was just joking with ya : )

Oh needless say I did get an A in Prof McGillycuddly class!!! *bows bows*? :angel:

Man coloring is fun! And my mom thinks I am special!!
Wow, you spent some time on this reply........ok mr. pewpew, now you can pick apart my next quote....."your a douche". Oh and please no hard feelings.

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
Have both a JLR 2.0 and JLUR 3.6. I personally like driving them both. You can tell a little bit of a difference in that the 2 door feels lighter but also is a little bit more squirrelly than the 4 door. They are both very easy to park and turn. The 2 door is a little bit more nimble, but the 4 door doesn’t feel drastically larger by any means. The 4 door actually feels more planted if you drive it a little harder on turns, the 2 door sometimes has the stability control intervene when it doesn’t driving the 4 door exactly the same way.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I still struggle with the idea of couple of different batteries under the hood and I am not touching another Italian experiment by Gino Dieselini
Sponsored