18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well just dropped her off. Leaving town for a few days so winch is finally getting installed. Rockhard skid plate system and entire underneath being sprayed and treated for the salt. In reverse order of course. Pics to come but pretty excited.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a long wait I finally got the lift done today. Skid plates mounted as well. Totally not happy so far. They killed the battery so now the climate control doesn’t work and auto lights. They said I needed to go to the dealer to get the computer reset.

I will throw the 35’s on this weekend and get some photos.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it is finally complete, for now. I had the lift and tires for months just sitting there. Finally took it in to get the RockKrawler 2.5" Adventures Series 3 installed, Fox shocks, under armor belly skids and then I just put on the Hutchinsons and Toyo's. Looks great by my standards. Tires don't look all that beefy in the pics but holy cow they are. Way wider as well.

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fantastic. Thanks fo the build.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Question for you - I'm looking at the RSE sliders as well. How well do they take a strike? I need a step, especially after my lift goes in, but I also want to have good protection in the line that I had with my old super sliders on my Cherokee. The RRO supersliders admittedly were not powered steps, but the Wrangler will need them for my wife, partner and kids.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for you - I'm looking at the RSE sliders as well. How well do they take a strike? I need a step, especially after my lift goes in, but I also want to have good protection in the line that I had with my old super sliders on my Cherokee. The RRO supersliders admittedly were not powered steps, but the Wrangler will need them for my wife, partner and kids.
I am going to be honest, I have had my share of issues. Now I also have one of the first sets that came out. Customer service has been great in fixing them but it has been a pita.

Now having said that, I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Personal opinion they are the best looking. The function of the motorized step is amazing and honestly I had to have them or the wifey said no lift. They are built like a brick shit house. Bang em, hit em, whatever they will take it no issues.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I am going to be honest, I have had my share of issues. Now I also have one of the first sets that came out. Customer service has been great in fixing them but it has been a pita.

Now having said that, I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Personal opinion they are the best looking. The function of the motorized step is amazing and honestly I had to have them or the wifey said no lift. They are built like a brick shit house. Bang em, hit em, whatever they will take it no issues.
Good to know! Now to save the pennies. I had half decided on some step sliders from SmittyBilt, because cost, and they look decent.

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Nice quality build, with all the weight how is the RK springs doing? I hear they are softer (good ride quality). But I'm hesitate with my weight (common to yours)

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice quality build, with all the weight how is the RK springs doing? I hear they are softer (good ride quality). But I'm hesitate with my weight (common to yours)
So far so good. I am still messing with tire pressure. Seems like for DD the best is 32psi. Springs handling the weight just fine. I have not taken it off road yet.