Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice right up on the PSC system. I have also wondered about the effects of adding a heavier wheel/tire combo on the electric power steering pump. PSC rep was saying folks where having to get the pump replaced with only 35" tires after 20k miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Well it was a fun Black Friday. Got some more mods that will now get installed.
I am going all in with a fully upgraded steering. I daily drive the rig, off road moderately and plan on keeping it for a very long time so getting the steering right, safe and strong is important.

I think the last thing I may do is upgrade from the Fox IFP to the ATS steering stabilizer. Seems like I have a beastly set up but with a wimpy SS.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it was a fun Black Friday. Got some more mods that will now get installed.
I am going all in with a fully upgraded steering. I daily drive the rig, off road moderately and plan on keeping it for a very long time so getting the steering right, safe and strong is important.

I think the last thing I may do is upgrade from the Fox IFP to the ATS steering stabilizer. Seems like I have a beastly set up but with a wimpy SS.
Super excited all the parts are In, well except for the light as DD was a bust and had to cancel so lost out on a good BF light bar deal so if any other LED light bar companies want to be a part of the build shoot me a PM as a cool BF extended deal would be sweet.

FFDA92C9-F8A4-4EE1-8F0D-AF1D7D531F63.jpeg

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my steering is now dialed and I couldn't be happier. I just got the JL back from alignment and it truly drives like a dream. The PSC was good. Adding the last bits today (tie bar, drag link and LCA's) and getting the alignment right perfected it. I also am happy I have a fully built, over the top suspension/steering combo that will take a beating on the trail with no worries.
  • Synergy drag link
  • Synergy tie rod
  • Synergy SS relocation thingy
  • RK X factor adjustable LCA's
  • Alignment is factory spec except 5.75 caster and just under 1/4" toe in
So total suspension/steering is now all the above plus
  • PSC overladen steering kit (SK500)
  • RockKrawler Adventure series 3 2.5" lift (they don't come with adjustable LCA's)
  • RockKrawler X factor front adjustable LCA's
  • Fox shocks all around
  • Fox IPT (I think) SS
Some pics of the eye candy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went for it after a little liquid courage and installed my interior rock lights. Center section is held on by 3 torq T-25 bolts. I circled the locations in the pic. The interior light just pulls straight down. I used a pry tool and you can see the metal clips holding it up in the pic. Then the center piece just pulls down. I spliced into the interior center light so the rock lights come on and off with that. The yellow/brown center wire is the switches power for the positive to splice into. Hope this helps some others.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0T8DT5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like the output. I may do two more in the back by that dome light and the rear should be good to go.

E86F4628-D005-4B53-B578-5A45B914F562.jpeg

05ACB928-6FAC-4FF1-81A2-4231E2FCBA97.jpeg

035B336E-2622-43B3-BA76-9DB73F87BBA6.jpeg

ED25DA3A-AC29-47A6-90E7-41892ABC91E7.jpeg

E8F226D4-CBA5-4EF4-B773-2FC534059891.jpeg

FF013ADB-39F8-48CE-81AE-F56BFA975485.jpeg

70E962D1-FD5B-481E-959A-0B4A19EF2CF9.jpeg

59CA000C-4AB5-4042-A368-7E36038E8212.jpeg

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Which Fox shocks did you go with? I was wanting to go with Fox but choose the RRD Rock Krawler shocks instead as I was worried about the valving matching the spring rates properly. I've had some issues with the RRD shocks and may want to switch but I don't know which ones pair well with the Rock Krawler springs.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Fox shocks did you go with? I was wanting to go with Fox but choose the RRD Rock Krawler shocks instead as I was worried about the valving matching the spring rates properly. I've had some issues with the RRD shocks and may want to switch but I don't know which ones pair well with the Rock Krawler springs.
I can get you the exact part number. I know it was the Fox non reservoir for 3.5” but let me searched to be 100%. I love them BTW.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
What issues? I just put these on myself.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
What issues? I just put these on myself.
One of the front shocks appears to be bad. Not exactly sure what's wrong with it internally as I haven't taken it apart...and don't plan to...but it's getting hung up during the compression cycle and popping and it does expand with some assistance. I'm sure RK will take care of me and replace it since it's only a month old.

Sponsored

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
One of the front shocks appears to be bad. Not exactly sure what's wrong with it internally as I haven't taken it apart...and don't plan to...but it's getting hung up during the compression cycle and popping and it does expand with some assistance. I'm sure RK will take care of me and replace it since it's only a month old.
I had a similar issue with one at install. They did get me a replacement shipped right out.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Easier to find then I thought. Here you go.

826093AA-E368-4072-8900-D9D7FE100F02.jpeg
So you went with the 3.5" shocks with 2.5" springs to give you more droop? And I'm assuming since you like them it didn't affect the ride quality? have you cycled your suspension to see if they (the shocks) bottom out before you hit your bump stops?

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you went with the 3.5" shocks with 2.5" springs to give you more droop? And I'm assuming since you like them it didn't affect the ride quality? have you cycled your suspension to see if they (the shocks) bottom out before you hit your bump stops?
Got those shocks on a recommendation of RK. Yes the ride for a DD is awesome. I have not cycled them all the way to the bump stop yet, sadly.

noregrets605

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Dodge Viper GTS, Honda Pilot
I just want to say @Goin2drt I just really love this build and watching the progress as it takes shape. Any updates on anything? Are your components still working as well as you expected?
Sponsored