- Oct 25, 2017
- Reaction score
- 18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Well I figured I would do a little write up on all the mods so far that I did and my opinions. All of this being said that this is light wheeling and mostly on road manners. Haven't pushed it with anything crazy as I haven't found much yet in my new home state.
- Mileage after doing lift and bigger (and double the weight) wheels and tires - on the Jeep EVIC it shows 14.7-14.9 consistently. Same almost exact before. I might have made it to low 15's with a lot of highway before mods.
- I think my Jeep has to be the heaviest out there. I can feel the sluggishness off the line but only a little. Not sure if this is due to weight, bigger tires or both.
- Fit and finish on all the mods has been great however some of my findings on a few things.
- LOD rear bumper and tire carrier - built like a tank. With the new heavy 35 and wheel that I have weighing about 110lbs the tire carrier will rattle a bit. Not bad but it didn't with stock tire so maybe this is an adjustment.
- RSE slider/steps - by far my favorite mod. Just wish they weren't such a PITA with all the bugs. Right now they are working perfectly and when they do these things are the best, no doubt and look the best as well.
- Hutchinson wheels - holy cow. If they could get some weight out of them I guarantee the entire world would have these wheels. They are awesome. They truly look like (and are) true beadlocks and know these will be ready for anything. My installer found them to be a complete PITA to mount and balance. I don't know that is his opinion so can't say as I didn't do the work. They are heavy as hell. No way could I change a tire solo, that could be an issue for those that go out solo.
- With these new wheels and lift the TPMS doesn't work so that sucks. That is a Jeep issue in my mind. They made the transmitter too weak to capture and work properly when you lift and install these huge multi ply tires.
- Tazer JL - love it but it also has so many bugs it is annoying.
- No other mods jump out at me