Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Rear locker blinked occasionally in the past week and now this 🤦🏻‍♂️
The absolute minute you get your brand new Rubicon home, pot the sensors...

Yours may be a little too late, but this should be a warning to all new Rubi owners...

Every week someone new is posting about their locker lights coming on.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
so I have 2020 Rubicon jl. Has about 15000 never had the lockers activated.....don't know if I will need them during my Jeep trip to Colorado. Is there a specific year or batch of jeeps that have the locker issue or is it all rubicons?

Rrr8400

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
The absolute minute you get your brand new Rubicon home, pot the sensors...

Yours may be a little too late, but this should be a warning to all new Rubi owners...

Every week someone new is posting about their locker lights coming on.
How does this affect the warranty? My service locker light has not come on but intermittently since the day I got it home it has shown the lockers locked in 2H — I am thinking it’s probably too late for me to pot the sensors. Currently about 2000 miles on it.

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
How does this affect the warranty? My service locker light has not come on but intermittently since the day I got it home it has shown the lockers locked in 2H — I am thinking it’s probably too late for me to pot the sensors. Currently about 2000 miles on it.
What does "pot the sensors" mean exactly...?

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
The dealer won't know you've done it. If they do discover you've potted the sensors or broke into the axle housing, they may not cover that axle any longer; very similar to a re-gear. This all depends on the dealer and could go a dozen different directions.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
so I have 2020 Rubicon jl. Has about 15000 never had the lockers activated.....don't know if I will need them during my Jeep trip to Colorado. Is there a specific year or batch of jeeps that have the locker issue or is it all rubicons?
All Rubicon's as of right now. Up to this point, there is no documentation saying the sensor has been improved upon.
Sponsored