GobiWan Family Build - 22 4xe JLUR

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I’m out of town but will measure when I get back. I will say it’s probably gonna be pretty tight. I’ll have pics for just how tight though.
thank you so much!!! I’d probably just take my car to cloakworks too if it works out! I’m about 2 hours from there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GobiWan

GobiWan

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 4xe
Can I ask you how tall your jeep is to the top? I’m debating between 2.5 vs 3.5 and 37” but have a roof rack and need to fit under 80” for garage. Your stance looks killer.
Finally back and I actually have a little more room than I thought. My garage is around 83" and I have about 8.5" of clearance. It's still going to be a challenge with a roof rack I figure.

GarageClearanceJeep.jpg

JeepClearance-8inches.jpg

OP
OP
GobiWan

GobiWan

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 4xe
Quick build update. I've got my sidesteps installed and I love them. I may not be rock sliding with the best of them, but again, this is a family build. The fact the lady and my little man can actually get in comfortably makes all the difference!

JeepSideStep1.jpg

JeepSideStep2.jpg

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
Finally back and I actually have a little more room than I thought. My garage is around 83" and I have about 8.5" of clearance. It's still going to be a challenge with a roof rack I figure.

Jeep Wrangler JL GobiWan Family Build - 22 4xe JLUR JeepSideStep2

Jeep Wrangler JL GobiWan Family Build - 22 4xe JLUR JeepSideStep2
Thank you so much!!!! Appreciate the help

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Gobi is an awesome color, but I'm partial to my firecracker red. I kept it when I traded in for the 4xe, partially because of my REDRBCN plate.

I'm happy to see an Metalcloak install as I plan to do the 2.5 kit when I get the tax credits back.

Question, I see that you used the Fox shocks, which have less travel than the Metalcloak ones. Did you change out your front driveshaft? I'm thinking that with less droop from a shorter shock, a new shaft might not be immediately necessary.

I also like your interrupter kit install, and am thinking of installing this when my new bumper arrives and I can put my winch on. I had previously used a 300A terminal block fuse inline with my winch cable, but I also like this idea.

One other question, How do you like to rockblokz? Are they keeping the side of your Gobi a little cleaner?

Sponsored

OP
OP
GobiWan

GobiWan

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 4xe
Thank you so much!!!! Appreciate the help
No problem! Let me know how everything goes. I will say I haven't been disappointed with the MC lift. The pictures with the 37's don't do it justice (Even at 2.5" it really does make the whole Jeep look a lot bigger/aggressive... and the gold is cool too lol) I'm also a fan of Cloakworks. They're kind of far (at 2 hours for you) but I've seen where others haven't got their geometry right and the springs aren't straight and other stuff doesn't line up. I just wanted to try and make sure that didn't happen to me.

Good luck on your build! It really is a great hobby (I was off road recently and absolutely no rubbing with some pretty decent flex). I'll have to check out some of your pics to see how it compares if we both have the same type.

OP
OP
GobiWan

GobiWan

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 4xe
Gobi is an awesome color, but I'm partial to my firecracker red. I kept it when I traded in for the 4xe, partially because of my REDRBCN plate.

I'm happy to see an Metalcloak install as I plan to do the 2.5 kit when I get the tax credits back.

Question, I see that you used the Fox shocks, which have less travel than the Metalcloak ones. Did you change out your front driveshaft? I'm thinking that with less droop from a shorter shock, a new shaft might not be immediately necessary.

I also like your interrupter kit install, and am thinking of installing this when my new bumper arrives and I can put my winch on. I had previously used a 300A terminal block fuse inline with my winch cable, but I also like this idea.

One other question, How do you like to rockblokz? Are they keeping the side of your Gobi a little cleaner?
You've definitely got a clean ride (pun intended from your picture). Red stands out and has always looked great on a Jeep.

As for your question on driveshafts, you definitely won't need to swap it out if you stick to the Fox 2.5 shocks similar to mine. You can search this forum for them. I got a deal from JKS around September. Max travel up front was less than 27" and out back less than 29". As long as you stay under 29" you shouldn't overextend (though feel free to get a second opinion from someone that does this for a living). Plus I think the 4xe has different driveshaft geometry that may let you go higher than 29", but again, I don't have the numbers off the top of my head and I probably wouldn't risk it (You also have to account for the extra inch if you use the outboard shock mount).

And yeah, the interrupt kit made everything more clean (and actually more safe too). I only have my winch tied to my Aux switches right now but I'll be adding lights as well. My sidesteps have a separate switch to keep them up if I'm off road.

Lastly, I'm not sure if the rockbloks help, but they do in my head (and I haven't gotten a chip since they've been on for about a month). I still have to put on the back so I won't be so selfish in stopping flying debris from hitting other cars. Let me know how everything goes on your end. We both are running cutting/bleeding edge under the hood so hopefully everything works out (I did have an issue with turtle mode/coolant pump which is apparently a 4xe issue, but I'm all good now... and you can't beat that torque!)

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Lastly, I'm not sure if the rockbloks help, but they do in my head (and I haven't gotten a chip since they've been on for about a month). I still have to put on the back so I won't be so selfish in stopping flying debris from hitting other cars.
I was thinking of doing the front only, as the rear ones are a bit more expensive. It'll be interesting to see how your 4xe looks with the rears on.

Oh, did you go with the regular or the XL size?

OP
OP
GobiWan

GobiWan

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 4xe
I was thinking of doing the front only, as the rear ones are a bit more expensive. It'll be interesting to see how your 4xe looks with the rears on.

Oh, did you go with the regular or the XL size?
You're probably right and won't need the rears. The back are also a bit more involved to put on (Not hard but definitely more time consuming). I've got a bit of poke with my tires so I went with the XL size.
Sponsored