Sponsored

GOBI JL Wrangler Club

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Well the good news is dealer called and said the gobi I order on March 19th is finally in. The bad news is that I ordered an XR package and turns out Regional Rep made a mistake and I‘m not getting a gobi XR. Trying to figure out next steps.
89D4840D-AD7E-48D5-841A-F0DCFEA7E482.jpeg
How was that not missed on the build sheet?
Sponsored

Dscott326

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy’s
How was that not missed on the build sheet?
it was added 3 days after the original order. They talked to regional rep and he told them it was added and my salesmen confirmed with me that it was added and told me addiotnal cost, but we never knew it wasn’t added until today. if I proceed this will be the 6th Wrangler from the dealer in less than 3 years. i am now waiting to see what they are going to do. Unfortunately, not much they can do.

Dscott326

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy’s
it was added 3 days after the original order. They talked to regional rep and he told them it was added and my salesmen confirmed with me that it was added and told me addiotnal cost, but we never knew it wasn’t added until today. if I proceed this will be the 6th Wrangler from the dealer in less than 3 years. i am now waiting to see what they are going to do. Unfortunately, not much they can do.
Update - I’m going to keep Gobi even though it doesn’t have XR and in order to make it right Dealer is going to put on 35 KO2, add the tailgate reinforcement bracket and exchange the plastic bumpers for steel. I think they have done a good making up for the mistake. I would have liked XR package, but this is the only chance to get a gobi, at least for awhile.

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
Got her home late last week after a longggg day of travel. Spent last weekend putting my old accessories on. Motobilt bumper w/ smittybilt Gen3 Winch
Kraken Air system
Outback adventure tailgate table,
Midland MXT275
And a couple other little odds and ends
Jeep Wrangler JL GOBI JL Wrangler Club 7B4A9942-D7C5-43F0-96F3-27951DD09ABA

TexasRay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys XR Gobi - Ordered 5/15...
Got my build sheet and estimated delivery date - August 15th! Ordered May 15th.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Well the good news is dealer called and said the gobi I order on March 19th is finally in. The bad news is that I ordered an XR package and turns out Regional Rep made a mistake and I‘m not getting a gobi XR. Trying to figure out next steps.
89D4840D-AD7E-48D5-841A-F0DCFEA7E482.jpeg
Wait, your POC showed XR Package, but it didn't have it after all?
Nevermind, I read the repies. That's a shame. Should've requested a new POC after the add-on of the XR. Enjoy your new Gobi though. It's a beaut!

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Got her home late last week after a longggg day of travel. Spent last weekend putting my old accessories on. Motobilt bumper w/ smittybilt Gen3 Winch
Kraken Air system
Outback adventure tailgate table,
Midland MXT275
And a couple other little odds and ends
Jeep Wrangler JL GOBI JL Wrangler Club jeep2
Absolutely. Positively. Perfect.

Minus too many doors. :like:

TylerZimmerman

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Reached out to my dealer today, I had an original “ship date” of July 1st but he said that it still had not been released to shipping so he was going to try to get more information. Hoping to get delivery by end of August as I already have a cabin for jeep invasion and don’t want to have to take my vw Jetta to a Jeep event 😂

Sponsored

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Update - I’m going to keep Gobi even though it doesn’t have XR and in order to make it right Dealer is going to put on 35 KO2, add the tailgate reinforcement bracket and exchange the plastic bumpers for steel. I think they have done a good making up for the mistake. I would have liked XR package, but this is the only chance to get a gobi, at least for awhile.
Do 35" fit without any mods to the suspension on the Willys?

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
The wait:

16 Aug 2019 I placed an order and this was the first day for ordering and placed and order before noon.

Next week had VIN

2 weeks later Production

20 Jan 2020 I get a call from the owner of the dealership. He says I came in at 6 am and there in front of the showroom was your vehicle, come get it.

What happened: We are not sure, but it got lost, how lost? So lost it could be found in the system. We think what happened was it was loaded onto a train along with others and ending at a dealer that had not ordered it. It took a while to figure out so they shipped it back. It ends up somewhere else and they finally ship it to my dealer....

But wait, there is more:

I decide I need a new Jeep, I stop off at the biggest Jeep dealer in Dallas (only because I was driving down that street at the time). I walk in and Sales folks are in a meeting the gal says and about a bunch of guys come out of a room. One makes a straight line and ask if I need help. Sure, I am here to order a new Jeep. The sales guy says ARE YOU KIDDING? NO! OMG and he grabs me and drags me to a computer and tells me the first guy to place an order gets a $200 buck bonus. The ordering banks were just turned on.

He says what do you want? A Sahara. Great, we go thru and comes to color and I say I want Red. NO CAN DO. Ok, fine drop the Sahara and just go any Jeep that is Red. OK, we are going down the order and he gets to this: Rubicon Option. What's that? He says dunno, but it says 4:10 gears, 4:1 low transfer case, 4:1 1st gear...I WILL TAKE IT.

August comes around and Dealer calls and says your Jeep has come in. OK I will be there in about an hour. Well its not here yet, but its in Dallas it came in along with another Rubicon going to the Jeep Training facility, we should have by tomorrow.

Tomorrow: My Jeep there? No we are not sure where it at. WHAT? We are trying to find it.

Next day: Where is my Jeep? Dunno! At noon I get a call and we found it, its in Mesquite, Tx and no not sure how it got there. We go get it tomorrow. NO, I am going to get it now, I will stop by and we will do the paperwork and will go get.

Around 7 pm. I drive into Jeep dealer and sales guy says can I help. No, here to pick up that Red Jeep sitting there. OHHH great, you are here early, thought you wer coming in tomorrow. HUH? I go in and he takes to the GM (IIRC). Here to pick up my Jeep the Red one. WOW you are here early, did you fly in from Houston? Huh? NO I drove in from West Dallas. Are you Mr Jones, NO! Well he has bought it and its sold. YEA to me, and here is the paperwork

Ohhh, no good we sold that Jeep. Sorry, give me the Keys.

OK, lets talk, I will give you a $1000 over what you paid? NO! How about $3000? NO! $5000? NO! $7500 over MSRP and that is the best I can do! NO, I am not in the car business and I ordered that Jeep, called a Rubicon and I want it. WHY are you willing to give me $7500 over MSRP?

Well sir, I have it sold for $10,000 over MSRP. WHY? Its just a Jeep. NO, its the FIRST Rubicon delivered to the public, you have Rubicon 1 It came in early because it came in on the same truck that delivered the Training Rubicon in Dallas, Rubicon will be hitting dealers maybe next week we hope...

Take away is YES cars get lost in the shuffle sometimes...
Sponsored