First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Who uses a Goal Zero Yeti? I just picked up a Yeti 1500X one up for $1483 after tax using a 30% coupon at Cabela's. It looks like it will work good with our Dometic CFX3 DZ75 and make it easy to switch between our vehicles. We usually power the fridge using our Manley ORV trailer with dual Battle Born 100aH batteries but this would make it nice for quick overnight camping trips without taking the trailer. This model is Li-ion NMC, 140 Ah and comes with a MPPT charge controller.

I'm researching on if it's possible to charge it using my Zamp Solar panel that has a built in charge controller and am coming across different opinions. It has 2 charging ports, a proprietary 8mm and a power pole charging port but since it has it's own charge controller it looks like I will need to bypass the controller on my Zamp panels or just pick up a Goal Zero panel.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi Recon
Occupation
Nerd
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned a 400 for almost a year and it has never let me down. I don't use mine for large draw appliances or for overnight power.

Mine got sand and moisture behind the display cover and they have sent me a 500X in exchange.

I don't have anything but good things to say about their products so far. I use their lantern, as well.

For your solar power input question, I would just go with the Goal Zero Panel. Only because the controller inside the 1500X will be calibrated to accept the full range of input power from their own panel. That said, I have no experience with the Zamp Panels.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement