Logger

Logger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you all for your responses and advice. I may be getting a little ahead of myself with 37s. I’m going to do the practical thing (I know, boring) and enjoy what I have, drive it and figure out what I need based on use. 37s, regearing, and all that other cool stuff will come some day...

Thanks again, you all are an incredible resource!
Sponsored

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I run the same size tires. Wanted the Mopar lift but knew it would look off without 35s. Cant believe the difference that extra inch of rubber makes. Stayed with a true 2.5 inch lift and it looks perfect.
Just run some neg offset rims with 37s if u are worried about rubbing. U could also ditch those plastic inner fender liners for something more feasible. For that matter rip those plastic fenders off and................nevermind! I got carried away.:lipssealed:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
The more I look at it, the more I think it does not look that bad as it sits. No need to rush your decision. Roll like it is for a while, until you decide what your really want.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I have dilemma, a good one but still a problem and need some good advice. I have a JLU Sahara with 285/75R17 (33.86”) Nitto Ridge Grapplers (4,500 miles on them). I added them when the suspension was stock and they looked great. That was when I was under the false assumption that I wouldn’t lift it. Well...

Over the weekend I installed Metalcloak’s 2.5” Dual Rate Kit with Rocksport struts (great kit and easy install, incredible ride), which added an even 4” front and rear. Unfortunately, my almost 34s look a little small with the added 4”. Pic below with new dimensions, hope this helps others considering the kit.

So, do I go up to 35s or make a big jump to 37s? I’m concerned the 35s won’t make much of a difference and jumping 3” to 37s will be too much and maybe rub. I really like the Tidge grapplers for their comfort and ride but I’m open to others that may offer a large 35 or small 37.

My use - I’m a newbie and this is my daily driver. I have wheeled it lightly, but I’m learning so no hardcore rock crawling (yet). As you guys know, looks are important but functionality and capability are more important.

I learned an incredible amount from this forum including how to install all my current mods and lift (thanks @rustyshakelford), you guys rock, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks! Steve

43ACE5EC-25B9-4A2A-9363-9B42891A9873.jpeg
37s are a lot of tire for the axles on a Sahara (Dana 30s) and its full-time 4wd system. It is also just a ton of tire to haul around town - handling, braking, acceleration, gas milage, etc. will suffer. So unless you plan to wheel the Jeep a lot, you'll probably be a lot happier with 35s.

Sponsored

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Thanks for the pics- I have 35” ko2s and was debating between the MC 2.5 & 3.5 lifts- looks like 2.5” is the way to go.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Only my opinion

i have a 2dr sport, manual trans. 35s and regeared with 4.56.

I think it works great as is, id love 37s but.

a rear locker would work better than 37s on open diff.
The front dana 30 and 37s doesn’t sound like a good idea, I wheel my jeep and know I would be breaking stuff.

the 35s with regear in 4lo has a good crawl ratio, but id love a rubi tcase for the 4:1 ratio to be slower with the manual trans etc.

I’d wear those tires down and leave it . or if you want to spend more money

get 35s and regear it. Doing gears with the manual trans makes it to much better to drive and it is your daily

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Hello. I have a ‘20 Sahara. Like you, mine is a daily driver and then some (took delivery on 9/5 and I already have 5,000 miles on it). I’ve been from Southern Indiana where I live to Eastern Tennessee, Northern Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Ontario, Canada. Btw, none of those were the same trip. We have also taken numerous drives locally (meaning 50 mile radius from home).

My Sahara has the 2.0.

Added 2” Mopar lift, 20” wheels with 35” tires on 9/10. My 35s are TOYO Open Country A/T II XTREME. 35X12.50RTLT.

I am very pleased. The ride is great. Average mpg with all the travel in just over 1.5 Months is 21.5.

I will let you be the judge. The first photo is my Jeep delivery. Second is with 35s.
F666E291-F136-4236-A519-C06F2E02D826.jpeg

9BC9008D-4FD7-476C-9B4E-9C3B59AA170F.jpeg

That’s wild, I get 18 mpg on my 2019 Rubicon with the same engine