Sponsored

Go Rhino JL Wrangler Products & Build [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

ALASHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler
I do not understand your complaint, 99% of products on the market are a knock off to some sort. Someone comes up with a concept and is first to market, if it is successful then others will make similar products, this is why SEMA is huge and full of 1000's of vendors. It is only a stolen design if they literally got a copy of the blueprints and started producing the same product under a different name. It is possible Go Rhino and the other company that went out of business struct a deal to bring a cool product to market, maybe the person who invented works for Go Rhino now. All I am saying to call a company thief's with having no first hand knowledge is a little much.
Actually no. Companies who want to succeed innovate and come up with their own designs and ideas. Chinese companies and bottom feeders then plagiarize off those innovations and introduce products that are almost identical in likeness and compete on price to lure business. I say almost identical because our copyright and patent laws are extremely vague allowing for imitations to exist with as little as a 10% deviation in design which is up to a judge to interrupt. Its a system inherently skewed towards those with the greatest resources.

I do have first hand knowledge because I personally know the owner of HD Customs and he does not work for Go Rhino nor has he sold any designs to them.

Welcome to the world.

Btw, lucky for us.....didn’t the other company go out of business? I’d complain less if I were you.
As someone who has had their idea and design plagiarized, we simply have different views of the world.
Sponsored

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
Actually no. Companies who want to succeed innovate and come up with their own designs and ideas. Chinese companies and bottom feeders then plagiarize off those innovations and introduce products that are almost identical in likeness and compete on price to lure business. I say almost identical because our copyright and patent laws are extremely vague allowing for imitations to exist with as little as a 10% deviation in design which is up to a judge to interrupt. Its a system inherently skewed towards those with the greatest resources.

I do have first hand knowledge because I personally know the owner of HD Customs and he does not work for Go Rhino nor has he sold any designs to them.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I deleted everything else I was going to say, this is a stupid argument!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Did anyone get pics of the inside mounting brackets for that roof rack. I'm looking for SUB 1k roof racks

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t

As someone who has had their idea and design plagiarized, we simply have different views of the world.
Don’t you know the former owner of HD? Didn’t he fail and go out of business? But your personal relationship clears the air as to your intent in this thread.

You’re speculating that it’s stolen based on one picture. In reality, you have no clue. Moving on.

ALASHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler
Don’t you know the former owner of HD? Didn’t he fail and go out of business? But your personal relationship clears the air as to your intent in this thread.

You’re speculating that it’s stolen based on one picture. In reality, you have no clue. Moving on.
Yes I know the owner of HD Customs. I mentioned that.

HD is no long in business so I am not trying to direct you to a different business. My intent is to point out that I dont appreciate companies copying the ideas of another. Look at how the two tire carriers function. Its blatant that go rhino's design infringes on HD Customs' original design.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
Yes I know the owner of HD Customs. I mentioned that.

HD is no long in business so I am not trying to direct you to a different business. My intent is to point out that I dont appreciate companies copying the ideas of another. Look at how the two tire carriers function. Its blatant that go rhino's design infringes on HD Customs' original design.
So you’ve seen Go Rhinos product? Or....have you just seen a picture....

Note that last sentence wasn’t a question.

ALASHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler
So you’ve seen Go Rhinos product? Or....have you just seen a picture....

Note that last sentence wasn’t a question.
Why do I need to see it in person? What can I not infer from the picture that would make me think anything other than Go Rhino saw someone else's ingenious idea and decided to infringe upon it?

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the world.

Btw, lucky for us.....didn’t the other company go out of business? I’d complain less if I were you.
All of this is just based on the Model T. Can't anyone come out with something new?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Why do I need to see it in person? What can I not infer from the picture that would make me think anything other than Go Rhino saw someone else's ingenious idea and decided to infringe upon it?
That Go Rhino tire carrier is awesome! I think it looks better than the Hd customs carrier. If anything, Go Rhino probably improved its function and build quality in ways to bring an awesome carrier to the Jeep community.

If you or HD customs has an active design or utility patent on this exact carrier design then you may have a case in the court of law, but to be arguing on a Jeep forum about how Go Rhino has stolen this design tells me all I need to know about that. If you do have a patent on this carrier then take it to the courts. Go Rhino looks to be bringing this to market while HD customs is no longer in existence.

on a side note, does your Jeep only have products or items that no other company produces anything like it, since you hate that sort of thing?

Last edited:

ALASHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler
If you or HD customs has an active design or utility patent on this exact carrier design then you may have a case in the court of law, but to be arguing on a Jeep forum about how Go Rhino has stolen this design tells me all I need to know about that. If you do have a patent on this carrier then take it to the courts. Go Rhino looks to be bringing this to market while HD customs is no longer in existence.

on a side note, does your Jeep only have products or items that no other company produces anything like it, since you hate that sort of thing?
As previously mentioned, my only connection to HD Customs is personally knowing the owner. I love when the "take it to court" argument comes up because its depressing how skewed our legal system is towards big money and how people either dont know that or choose not to.

In copyright law for example, changing the design by as little as 10% is enough to infringe on someone else's design and its completely subjective as to what 10% is. The fact of the matter is if you decide to take it to court, you better have the deepest pockets to win. It is common practice to draw things out as long as possible to drown the other party in legal fees to the point where a legal battle is no longer worth it even if you do win. Its sad that the person in the right isnt necessarily the one to win legally.

As for discussing this in a forum, is that the point of what a forum is - an open exchange of ideas, information and opinions? Or should we all just be complacent and support any product that any vendor produces?

Lastly, yes everything on my Jeep is NOT a knock off of someone's else hard work.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates from Go Rhino on the tire carrier?
Sponsored