First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
So I've been waiting for this Go Rhino jack mount for quite some time now, October of 2018 actually (with emails from representatives it'd be ready by end of '18). But here we are, Spring of 2020 when released. This is the first side mount I've seen for a JL/JT from a big name company yet. And for $125, I thought it'd be worth it. Also.. I have Smittybilt because I won it for free, so don't throw hate for not having a Hi-Lift ;) On that note SOMEONE MAKE A NEOPRENE COVER FOR SMITTYBILT!

As in the past with Go Rhino, their instruction vs what's in the bag is inconsistent:
  • The parts list states "M8x55mm" and during the instruction portion for step4 they have "M8x50mm"
  • It also lists there should be "1" Pinch Weld Isolation Gasket and I received "2"
  • Then during the installation of all three gaskets (labeled "M - Pinch", "N - Fender", "O - Jack") on parts list, the installation portion labels them as "N - Pinch", "O - Fender", "P - Jack"
  • A big mistake is the complete missing of the "2 - Rubber Flat Washers" to put in between the mount and cowl!
  • It also is missing the "2 - Spacer Washers" for the bolts that hold the jack bar to the mount. The parts list also states there should be "4" of them
  • THE LAST BIG MISTAKE was their tapping of the 3/8"x2.5" Hex Head Screw in the mount itself! I had to use my tap and die set to correct it. For either being not drilled through all the way or poor sizing on them. I used a 3/8"-16 tap
  • I'd like the base plate to be larger as well, as my safety side "irked" at it
  • Can anyone point out what the "3" black semi-hard rubber pads are for?
  • You'll see the Hardware Checklist in a foreign language as well :facepalm:
Let me know what you think! I will be passing all these faults on to them. Kudos to those who recognize the old brand tap and die set I have.

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_173336

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_173403

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_173418

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_174217

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_174318

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_175046

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_174801

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20200521_174920
Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
A contact from Go Rhino is shipping out the missing components and passing on the info to their R&D staff and updating their hardware quantities. Glad they responded.

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara Black on Black on Black
a couple questions
any noticeable wind noise on the hiway?
does the door hit the jack when fully opened? or plenty of room no issue?
any issues taking off the doors with this installed?

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
a couple questions
any noticeable wind noise on the hiway?
does the door hit the jack when fully opened? or plenty of room no issue?
any issues taking off the doors with this installed?
No noises. No hitting. No issues. But that's all "so far" and with no heavy offroad use yet.

Now the rep has yet to ship the missing parts he said they would. So this is strike three with them and me in the past couple years on the customer service side.

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Does anyone have a good POC for Go Rhino (other than what they have on their website)? As one of their representatives said they were shipping out the missing parts and have not. Nor have they replied to my follow up email asking for any progress.
This isn't looking good for them and customer service, now as strike four for them and me.

Sponsored

digitalhobbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
Is anyone using this on a Rubicon with the stock rock sliders? The installation assumes an attachment point on the lower left, but on the Rubicon that's covered by the rock slider. I might have to send it back, but curious if anyone found a solution.

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Is anyone using this on a Rubicon with the stock rock sliders? The installation assumes an attachment point on the lower left, but on the Rubicon that's covered by the rock slider. I might have to send it back, but curious if anyone found a solution.
@digitalhobbit, I removed my factory rock sliders for my sidestep bars that you see.. which gives it room to work. I don't think there'd be a workaround for it since the sliders hug the entire pinch seam :/ That and I haven't seen many people post about this mount yet.

digitalhobbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And sure enough, on the Go Rhino website it now says (not sure if this was recently added): "Will not work w/ factory rock slider".

This seems like a poor design, given that such a product should appeal especially to Rubicon drivers. :(

Interestingly, it does not say this on the Northridge4x4 website, where I bought this mount. In fact, there's a Q&A that states: "According to Go Rhino, yes, it will work with the factory rails.".
I'll reach out to Northridge4x4 to arrange for a return, and hopefully get them to update this info on their site.

digitalhobbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@digitalhobbit, I removed my factory rock sliders for my sidestep bars that you see.. which gives it room to work. I don't think there'd be a workaround for it since the sliders hug the entire pinch seam :/ That and I haven't seen many people post about this mount yet.
Thanks for the info! That's what I figured, based on your photos. Glad it fits your car, and I hope you get your missing parts soon!

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
And sure enough, on the Go Rhino website it now says (not sure if this was recently added): "Will not work w/ factory rock slider".

This seems like a poor design, given that such a product should appeal especially to Rubicon drivers. :(

Interestingly, it does not say this on the Northridge4x4 website, where I bought this mount. In fact, there's a Q&A that states: "According to Go Rhino, yes, it will work with the factory rails.".
I'll reach out to Northridge4x4 to arrange for a return, and hopefully get them to update this info on their site.
Yeah, reach out to them and ask for full refund since they have contradictory comments. Sorry it doesn't work for ya :/

Sponsored

SheJeeps

First Name
Mer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Sahara (trade-in), 2021 Snazzberry JLUR
I am looking at buying this mount for my new JLUR. I was already planning on removing the factory rock sliders to replace them with tubular side steps but am now wondering if this mount is compatible with (most) aftermarket side steps or not. Does anyone know for sure? TIA

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
I am looking at buying this mount for my new JLUR. I was already planning on removing the factory rock sliders to replace them with tubular side steps but am now wondering if this mount is compatible with (most) aftermarket side steps or not. Does anyone know for sure? TIA
Check out the close ups I have. You can see it'll fit with tubular side steps, as long as the bolts/holes are all accessible.

SheJeeps

First Name
Mer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Sahara (trade-in), 2021 Snazzberry JLUR
Check out the close ups I have. You can see it'll fit with tubular side steps, as long as the bolts/holes are all accessible.
Thanks. I took a look at them and your side steps seem to drop quite a bit, therefore granting clearance for the mount. The two side steps I am interested in don't drop as much (see photos).
IYO would the mount fit with either one of the side steps?

dv8.PNG

rampage.PNG

OP
OP
Big Husky

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Thanks. I took a look at them and your side steps seem to drop quite a bit, therefore granting clearance for the mount. The two side steps I am interested in don't drop as much (see photos).
IYO would the mount fit with either one of the side steps?
Here's two straight on shots to show you height. It rides just above the pinch seam. It looks super close for the two options you want.
I bed lined mine after taking off the factory rocker guards.

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20210121_115159

Jeep Wrangler JL Go Rhino Exterior (side) Jack Mount 20210121_115219
Sponsored

Last edited: