Go from the 6 to 4xe? Looking for some quick advice

Moses212

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
After seeing some of the threads on here about resale values, turns out I can trade in my 2019 for a 2021 4xe for 10k out of pocket, but hopefully take advantage of tax rebates. Bringing the cost to $2500 or less.

Anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other?

Much thanks!!
Advertisement

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, upgrades in progress!
Call me crazy but I am thinking of getting one. I know I’ll be happy with the 2.0 Turbo EV but the one thing I’m sure I’ll miss is the 6 speed manual.
Gregj

Reinen

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Call me crazy but I am thinking of getting one. I know I’ll be happy with the 2.0 Turbo EV but the one thing I’m sure I’ll miss is the 6 speed manual.
Gregj
I know what you mean. Been a manual guy for 30+ years. But I have to say, that auto trans is not a bad trans to have. My only issue with it is that I still sometimes forget to put it in Park before I shut it off.

OP
OP
Moses212

Moses212

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Yup, going from a 6 speed to this somehow seems like an even bigger jump..

What I find most annoying is that in auto, you can't open the door while rolling slow in drive..

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other?
If you decide to go with the 4Xe, wait until the first year the MY launches are done. Run the numbers for your finances to see if the cost savings in fuel is worth getting a 4Xe.

OP
OP
Moses212

Moses212

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
If you decide to go with the 4Xe, wait until the first year the MY launches are done. Run the numbers for your finances to see if the cost savings in fuel is worth getting a 4Xe.
What's the MY launch?
Fuel savings wouldn't be enough for me to switch on this basis alone. Moreover it's about possibly paying only $2500 to switch to a new vehicle.
Plus, I have a bumper and old winch waiting until I have time to install and I'm sure once I put those on, the trade in on my Jeep will drop..

Redrelyt12

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Willys M38A1, 2020 Tesla 3, 2021 JLUR
What's the MY launch?
Fuel savings wouldn't be enough for me to switch on this basis alone. Moreover it's about possibly paying only $2500 to switch to a new vehicle.
Plus, I have a bumper and old winch waiting until I have time to install and I'm sure once I put those on, the trade in on my Jeep will drop..
MY = model year

FLJeep1

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I have the new 4xe. I came out of a RAM Ecodiesel. I have also owned an F150 EB. If you like torque and good fast ramping power, these new boosted smaller engines are great fun.

Like I learned with the F150, the eco is not really the point. Either gas motor will be reasonably efficient vs. the 4xe.

If I run 50/50 battery/gas, I can get 24 mpg hand calculated in the city. But...I can also haul when I want to. The roll on is fantastic with 375/470.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Yup, going from a 6 speed to this somehow seems like an even bigger jump..

What I find most annoying is that in auto, you can't open the door while rolling slow in drive..
Do yourself a favor and go drive one. Then come back and tell is if you think the extra $2500 isn't worth the added power ;-)

Advertisement

Freeland Jeep

Advertisement