Gnarly Death Wobble on a 2021 JL Diesel

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Came back from the trail to have this nice death wobble.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/blSTx26EgUw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Two dealerships say its due to my bent Steering Stabilizer, im not completely convinced. But they also offered me this nice near 10K Repair bill.

0MJcFCR.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Gnarly Death Wobble on a 2021 JL Diesel YuOdSO2

I Have a New steering Stab on the way so we will see!

Here is that axle killing bend...

7TGLb56.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
That video is hilarious! 😁 The bill, not so much.

You did all that damage on one trail ride? Hey, at least it's in Canadian dollars. ;)

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Oof. That SUCKS! Take out an equity loan on the Jeep to fix it I guess ...

OP
OP
Parratt

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
That video is hilarious! 😁 The bill, not so much.

You did all that damage on one trail ride? Hey, at least it's in Canadian dollars. ;)
Probably a year of hard wheeling.

out of all that "damage" the only one things that are bad are the Steering Stab and the rear shock. the bends and dents are really minor and its just a dealership trying to cash grab...

Trying to get the rear shocks done under my extended warranty since its onyl at 62K Km

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for sharing that repair estimate sheet from the dealership. WOW.

the transfer skid is a ~$100 part, they want $1380 to replace it?

transmission pan + fluids is a < $200 part as well, and they want $892 to replace it?

Same for the other parts...

What is the dealership smoking. How are labor costs so insane these days?

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/blSTx26EgUw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Two dealerships say its due to my bent Steering Stabilizer, im not completely convinced. But they also offered me this nice near 10K Repair bill.

0MJcFCR.jpg

YuOdSO2.jpg

7TGLb56.jpg
Exact Center by Roadmaster will not fix Death Wobble but in tests, it stopped the movement Death Wobble needs (first Ossicilation) so it can not happen, no fix it just keeps it from happening.
Watch the video, see how Death Wobble is stopped, see the mechanics of the device in the animation. This is the base version we have done 330 psi units on 40000 lb class A diesel pushers at that pressure nothing except power steering can override the hold. A very simple idea that could save the straight axle. https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php

Jeep Wrangler JL Gnarly Death Wobble on a 2021 JL Diesel 7TGLb56

Exact Center by Roadmaster will not fix Death Wobble but in tests, it stopped the movement Death Wobble needs (first Ossicilation) so it can not happen, no fix it just keeps it from happening.
Watch the video, see how Death Wobble is stopped, see the mechanics of the device in the animation. This is the base version we have done 330 psi units on 40000 lb class A diesel pushers at that pressure nothing except power steering can override the hold. A very simple idea that could save the straight axle. https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Sponsored