GMRS license fee going down to $35

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I didn't see anyone mention this on here yet but just saw the FCC is changing its fee schedule and a GMRS license is going down from $70 to $35. Seems like it might be at least a month, or maybe a few months until the change takes effect. The announcement was a little confusing on when it actually happens - either 30 days after announcement, or 90 days after notifying Congress. So if you were thinking about getting the license and haven't yet, you might want to put it off just a little longer.
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Of course it did....just purchased the license online the other day!

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks. Just did mine literally last week.
Same here, got mine on the 30th.
It will most likely be a few months till the lower price goes into effect anyway. They need time to update all the websites, forms, processes etc..

Comandore3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubikon 2door
I didn't see anyone mention this on here yet but just saw the FCC is changing its fee schedule and a GMRS license is going down from $70 to $35. Seems like it might be at least a month, or maybe a few months until the change takes effect. The announcement was a little confusing on when it actually happens - either 30 days after announcement, or 90 days after notifying Congress. So if you were thinking about getting the license and haven't yet, you might want to put it off just a little longer.
I don't know about it but I went to the dealer and put together (not order yet) 2 door Rubicon and options went up like: leather seats was $1495, now 1595, steel bumper was $1645 now 1745, remote proximity entry was $545 now 645, LED group was $1295 now 1365, hard top was $1395 now 1495 and price for the Wrangler it self wet up JLJS72 was $38715 now 38875 !
Is anybody knows about ?
Sponsored