GM, Ford, and Fiat Chrysler retooling to make ventilators

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
This maybe in the works. We all need to be patient waiting on parts for our jeeps.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
I have no real credible source. I have seen a few things floating around and was it was a very brief mention from the news.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I have no real credible source. I have seen a few things floating around and was it was a very brief mention from the news.
All the info that I read said that talks were underway as the big three would like to do what they can to help support the virus fight.

Retooling their factory would most likely take a very long time. It seems like ramping up production from existing production companies would be a more efficient way to go.

OP
OP

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
Maybe be transfer/share CNC files? I don’t really know manufacturing at all. I suppose any help will help production. All in all a very noble offer. If everyone gives some to the effort we can and will do incredible things.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
from what i heard, gm have built them before.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
This maybe in the works. We all need to be patient waiting on parts for our jeeps.
Trump has suggested that idle manufacturing facilities ramp up to produce critical supplies. Stuff like ventilators, masks, etc, etc.

This is not forced measures yet but could be attached to tax breaks or government handouts for impacted businesses.