Sponsored

Glove box organizer

Are you interest in a JL glove box organizer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and 4Runner, past - 99 XJ and 94 YJ
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Hello,

Salex Organizers here, makers of Vehicle OCD brand products to organize center consoles and glove boxes. We have been getting good feedback on the forum for the upcoming center console divider and tray (thread here).

We also offer glove box organizers on a few vehicles. Looking at the JL glove box it appears there is a need for an organizer. That is a deep bin! Typically we design a shelf system for glove boxes. With this deep bin a tray seemed like a good idea. This is where I would like to hear back with thoughts and comments. Please vote in the poll to help us decide if we are on track.

The big challenge with glove box design is - manuals or no manuals. With the tray as designed, owners manuals will not fit in the glove box. Is that a deal breaker?

Pictures are of a 3D print. Finished product would have a nice finish and include our signature diamond plate rubber tray liners to keep things from sliding and rattling.

20181129_124707.jpg

20181129_124753.jpg

20181129_124811.jpg
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
JLs don’t come with full set of manuals unless you contact FCA and ask for them. (Full manual is accessible from head unit and phone app.)

The overview booklets that came with mine *do* fit in my glove box along with registration, insurance card, and a tiny umbrella. It is a very small and practically useless space. I don’t think an organizer would be too useful.

Idea: make a custom fit trash can with spring loaded lid to fit the glove box. Make it easy to slide out for emptying when filling up gas. I’d buy that! No where to put the occasional gum/straw wrapper, receipt, etc. in this vehicle except the top portion of the center console.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Looks good. I would like an additional very small compartment to hold say business cards, gas cards that are shaped like a Visa card.

Perhaps in the forward compartment, a divider that would be placed about an inch from the left side. Would give a place for cards, dental floss, ho, ho, ho.

I did get a full size manual but it is BIG. I had to request it. It resides under the rear of the passenger seat. Most guys / gals do not have a paper manual.

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Thanks for info on the manuals. I have seen the pouch with a couple thin books in the glove boxes at the dealer. Just assumed they were manuals.

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
JLs don’t come with full set of manuals unless you contact FCA and ask for them. (Full manual is accessible from head unit and phone app.)

The overview booklets that came with mine *do* fit in my glove box along with registration, insurance card, and a tiny umbrella. It is a very small and practically useless space. I don’t think an organizer would be too useful.

Idea: make a custom fit trash can with spring loaded lid to fit the glove box. Make it easy to slide out for emptying when filling up gas. I’d buy that! No where to put the occasional gum/straw wrapper, receipt, etc. in this vehicle except the top portion of the center console.
I meant the overview booklets do not fit when the tray is installed. Thanks for the feedback.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My JL came with a full manual, well guessing it’s a full manual as it’s in a pouch and when put in the glove box it comes right to the top

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My JL came with a full manual, well guessing it’s a full manual as it’s in a pouch and when put in the glove box it comes right to the top
Yep I got them too.

IMG_20181229_190949871.jpg

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Is there a third document named "manual" ? :)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hello,

Salex Organizers here, makers of Vehicle OCD brand products to organize center consoles and glove boxes. We have been getting good feedback on the forum for the upcoming center console divider and tray (thread here).

We also offer glove box organizers on a few vehicles. Looking at the JL glove box it appears there is a need for an organizer. That is a deep bin! Typically we design a shelf system for glove boxes. With this deep bin a tray seemed like a good idea. This is where I would like to hear back with thoughts and comments. Please vote in the poll to help us decide if we are on track.

The big challenge with glove box design is - manuals or no manuals. With the tray as designed, owners manuals will not fit in the glove box. Is that a deal breaker?

Pictures are of a 3D print. Finished product would have a nice finish and include our signature diamond plate rubber tray liners to keep things from sliding and rattling.

20181129_124707.jpg

20181129_124753.jpg

20181129_124811.jpg
Know what might be cool....? Design the glove box tray with some less height, thereby making a pseudo secret compartment below.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Is there a third document named "manual" ? :)
Yes. At least for the 2018 and I’m assuming it’s the same.

The two publications pictured came with the vehicle and the Owners Manual is available by request. The owners Manual and Users Guide are pretty similar.

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
My thought on the glove compartment is it's too small to mess with. That and it doesn't drop down far enough for an organizer to really be useful.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with @OldGuyNewJeep … it's too small of a space. With the owner's manual being essentially a weapon at 600+ pages, having it in there takes up pretty much all the space there is. When you close the box, the book curls up... so under the seat it goes. Nothing in the box but vehicle paperwork, a pen, & Altoids.

If anything, I think a shelf-type divider may be of some use, but again, the space is just too small & narrow.

Last edited:

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
I am personally happy with this prototype. I keep my manual in the cargo tub, under the floor. I rarely look at it, so having to go in the cargo is not too much hassle. I may move it under the rear seat once I get the Dirt Bagz Storage Bag.

I would increase the height of the separator, as I get the feeling stuff from the front will fly to the rear compartment once the box is closed.

If keeping the manual is a must for most people, maybe raise the bottom and add some space under to slide the manual in. I assume the organizer would need to be physically raised/removed to slide it out, but I doubt the manual is looked at that often to be an issue.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.