glass screen protector for touch screen

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
This thing is amazing. If you have ever used a glass screen protector on your cell phone, you know how great they are. Here is one for the touch screen in the JL. It comes with everything you need to apply it. It comes with small suction cups to help position but beware of these. If you leave these on the glass while applying the screen protector, it will leave a bubble where the suction cup is that will not come out. I made this mistake and had to order a second one to redo it. Use a business card shim at the bottom of the bezel to sit the screen on and tilt it up into place and it seals itself with no bubbles. You cannot tell its on there and the screen is now fully protected. Cheap protection. My wife has killer nails so she wasnt allowed to touch screen until I put this on. I say allowed 'loosely' because she is not here right now :)

Amazon.com: CDEFG for 2018 2019 2020 Wrangler JL/ 2020 Gladiator JT Center Control Touchscreen Navigation Touch Screen Protector, HD Clear Tempered Glass 9H Scratch Resistance (7IN): Automotive

Jeep Wrangler JL glass screen protector for touch screen 81G0j8sUvZL._AC_SL1500_
Sponsored

Last edited:

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
This thing is amazing. If you have even used a glass screen protector on your cell phone, you know how great they are. Here is one for the touch screen in the JL. It comes with everything you need to apply it. It comes with small suction cups to help position but beware of these. If you leave these on the glass while applying the screen protector, it will leave a bubble where the suction cup is that will not come out. I made this mistake and had to order a second one to redo it. Use a business card shim at the bottom of the bezel to sit the screen on and tilt it up into place and it seals itself with no bubbles. You cannot tell its on there and the screen is now fully protected. Cheap protection. My wife has killer nails so she wasnt allowed to touch screen until I put this on. I say allowed 'loosely' because she is not here right now :)

Amazon.com: CDEFG for 2018 2019 2020 Wrangler JL/ 2020 Gladiator JT Center Control Touchscreen Navigation Touch Screen Protector, HD Clear Tempered Glass 9H Scratch Resistance (7IN): Automotive

81G0j8sUvZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Follow up? How is this holding up? Still recommend it? Any noticable difference in utilizing the touch screen? More difficult? Require harder press? Does it produce a noticeable glare?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Follow up? How is this holding up? Still recommend it? Any noticable difference in utilizing the touch screen? More difficult? Require harder press? Does it produce a noticeable glare?

Thanks in advance!
you don't even know its there. no issues with touchscreen at all. you cant see the screen protector at all. I absolutely recommend it. These screens are so expensive anything you can do to protect it is worth it, especially since its only $10

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
you don't even know its there. no issues with touchscreen at all. you cant see the screen protector at all. I absolutely recommend it. These screens are so expensive anything you can do to protect it is worth it, especially since its only $10
Thanks for your timely response and feedback

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I bought that one but it's still sitting in the house for when it's a little warmer to install. Almost forgot about it :)

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I put a similar, if not the same, screen protector on my jeep and on my wife's challenger a couple months ago. Works great in both vehicles, no difference in functionality for either of us. I can't speak to any glare issues with the top off since I have a hardtop and done plan to take it off any time soon. No problems with installation. I got a small bubble trapped on my jeep screen, I just peeled it back and reapplied with out issue and no more bubbles. I did my wife's car right after and got hers right the first time.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the 5" screen, and used the older style smart phone screen protector I had left over. Looks and works fine
Sponsored