• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Undisclosed Glass Mount CB Antenna

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I had a Cobra 75 with a Firestik mounted to my tire carrier on my JKUR and it worked pretty well. I now have a JL and decided to try out the Midland 75-822 cb and I'm looking at different mounting options. I like the 75-822 because it is small and can be used as a handheld. The only thing I use it for is staying in contact with others in the group on trails. I found a glass mounted antenna on Amazon and am a little intrigued. I like how it looks but I'm curious about performance. I don't need an 80" whip antenna for what I'm doing. Does anyone have any input?

https://www.amazon.com/Midland-18-2...18952&pd_rd_wg=CnnMm&pd_rd_i=B00000K2YV&psc=1
Sponsored

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
If you don't plan to ever take your hard top off, and simply using it for trails only (the shorter antennas really suffer in their range abilities) where you're less than a mile away from others, then it should fit the bill. Just make sure it's properly grounded, do NOT coil up the excess coax cable (that'll turn into a secondary antenna and cause issues when trying to tune), and ensure the tip of the antenna sits above the roofline. Personally, a 4-5' Wilson whip or Firestik will perform better, but if you are looking for bargain-basement and limited range, this should be sufficient.

OP
OP
Friday2322

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
If you don't plan to ever take your hard top off, and simply using it for trails only (the shorter antennas really suffer in their range abilities) where you're less than a mile away from others, then it should fit the bill. Just make sure it's properly grounded, do NOT coil up the excess coax cable (that'll turn into a secondary antenna and cause issues when trying to tune), and ensure the tip of the antenna sits above the roofline. Personally, a 4-5' Wilson whip or Firestik will perform better, but if you are looking for bargain-basement and limited range, this should be sufficient.
The cable unscrews from the base so it won't be an issue taking the top off, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. The range on the rubber duck antenna sucks for sure, but I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading it. By the time I ran the cable under the carpet up to the center console there was only about 2 feet of left which worked out well so the driver and passenger have enough slack to use it. The antenna is about 27 inches tall and I have about 2/3 of that above the roof line. I mounted it as high up as I could on the passenger side glass. I was picking up the weather channel really well and some random truckers on different channels but they were scratchy, but I'm also not sure how far away they were, I live about a mile from a major highway which is a decent sign. I'm waiting on an adapter so I can tune it.
Sponsored