Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

when you guys have gone out there on the trails here in so cal, like san berdoo mountains, have you seen Gladiators out there? do they do ok? im hoping to upgrade to a Rubicon later this year. ive been considering a Gladiator due to the bed. theyre just so long. my concern is their too long for the kind of trails we have here in so cal. i wouldnt do a huge lift and put 40s on it lol. just wanted to see if anyone has seen them out there and any issues theyve had.
Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
But but but gladiators need 40s:LOL:

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Only trails I've seen a Gladiator on was up on Cleghorn and on Rowher and both of them were on big tires. I'd be willing to bet they're too long for the more challenging notable Big Bear trails but I think its probably a case by case situation since they're like as long as three 2 door models.

The people who have money into their gladiators love them, you can really suit them up to be overloading monsters with tons of equipment. But if you're not trying to drop $20K into it and mainly want to hit the trails as your primary vehicle I would honestly just get a JLU Rubicon and go from there. I looked at the Gladiator when I was shopping and considered it for the camping/overlanding storage but ultimately went with a JLR because I can reach much higher trail performance per dollar. I also didn't like the complete lack of any enclosed storage space.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
A lot of owners put a hard or soft tonneau cover on their Gladiators. Videos I have seen show the Glad does pretty well on trails although major rock fields and up-and-down whoopsies are better done with shorter Jeeps.
Sponsored