Sponsored

Gladiator Suspension on a JL Sport???

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Anyone have an idea of what lift you could expect w/ this setup on a JL 2dr sport? I'm assuming the rear springs would be too stiff though :(
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Jeep-...M-Suspension-Kit-with-FOX-Shocks/233369477708
The rear won’t fit on a JL.. JT has 5 link rear suspension, and uses different points, and the springs are much longer.
But dang, that price is nice though..
You should be able to get around 2” lift up front though, since the JTs have 0.2” more ground clearance than JL rubicon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for the quick reply, I figured it was a no go in back, but curiosity is a killer you know :)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thanks for the quick reply, I figured it was a no go in back, but curiosity is a killer you know :)
Just another thought, if you just use the shocks, and the JL is lifted, maybe one can have shock extensions up front, and still use the rear (without shock extension). I guess someone will have to get hold of the shocks and measure how much longer it is.

P.S. is this the fox 2.5" wide body shocks?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just another thought, if you just use the shocks, and the JL is lifted, maybe one can have shock extensions up front, and still use the rear (without shock extension). I guess someone will have to get hold of the shocks and measure how much longer it is.

P.S. is this the fox 2.5" wide body shocks?
Why would you want the rear shocks that are valved for a truck on your JL? Why would you want shocks that are too short up front?

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Why would you want the rear shocks that are valved for a truck on your JL? Why would you want shocks that are too short up front?
Why?
Because that would be a budget solution.
Like all budget solutions there will be compromises, and I think most people know this going in.
Just throwing out "potential" ideas if this were to work, never did I say this would be the best scenario.
Why the condescending tone to any question?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Why?
Because that would be a budget solution.
Like all budget solutions there will be compromises, and I think most people know this going in.
Just throwing out potential ideas, never did I say this would be the best scenario.
Why the condescending tone to any question?
Because it's not a solution at all. It would be worse than leaving the factory shocks on.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Because it's not a solution at all. It would be worse than leaving the factory shocks on.
Then you can just ignore me, I can see all your posts have this condescending tone towards everything and thinks everyone is a dumb ass, except you right?
Actually please just put me on ignore, take your negatively elsewhere, I will do the same, all the better.
Good day.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Then you can just ignore me, I can see all your posts have this condescending tone towards everything and thinks everyone is a dumb ass, except you right?
Actually please just put me on ignore, take your negatively elsewhere, I will do the same, all the better.
Good day.
It's not negativity man. The problem is you're giving advice about things you don't really know about. That drives me crazy. The rear suspension on the gladiator is COMPLETELY different than the JL. They are not compatible. If you had looked under both rigs and then said "hey, after looking at the difference this might work" that would be one thing. Don't take it personal. We're all just trying to help.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It's not negativity man. The problem is you're giving advice about things you don't really know about. That drives me crazy. The rear suspension on the gladiator is COMPLETELY different than the JL. They are not compatible. If you had looked under both rigs and then said "hey, after looking at the difference this might work" that would be one thing. Don't take it personal. We're all just trying to help.
LOOK AT MY FIRST POST, (I'm not the OP) I already said they are DIFFERENT. I know the differences.
Learn to read FFS.

Last edited:

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
LOOK AT MY FIRST POST, (I'm not the OP) I already said they are DIFFERENT. I know the differences.
Learn to read FFS.
But then you still suggested the rear shocks could be used in a later post. They can't.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
But then you still suggested the rear shocks could be used in a later post. They can't.
Because after giving it some thoughts, they potentially can, with modifications. Someone will eventually do it regardless.
Not in the way you would have liked, but they still can.
I just sold my JL suspension to some guy building budget off-road vehicles to put on his XJ.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Because after giving it some thoughts, they potentially can, with modifications. Someone will eventually do it regardless.
Not in the way you would have liked, but they still can.
I just sold my JL suspension to some guy building budget off-road vehicles to put on his XJ.
Again, don't take it personal. We're all just trying to help. I've lifted a bunch of vehicles so I try and save people from making the same mistakes that I did when I was starting out.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Again, don't take it personal. We're all just trying to help. I've lifted a bunch of vehicles so I try and save people from making the same mistakes that I did when I was starting out.
There are some who can make anything work with anything, who are you to say they can't?
There is a difference between "can't" and "shouldn't"
Choose your words carefully and avoid speaking in the absolute.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There are some who can make anything work with anything, who are you to say they can't?
There is a difference between "can't" and "shouldn't"
Choose your words carefully and avoid speaking in the absolute.
M'kay
Sponsored